Keto

Options
Hi, just wondering if anyone else on her is doing keto too and if so, how are you finding logging food etc on mfp? Is it helping?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You might want to join a low carb group. You should find some keto followers there: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum

Losing weight (if that's your goal) is all about a calorie deficit. Find a way to consistently take in fewer calories than you burn.

Some people find keto filling and this may allow them to eat fewer calories without logging. Others still find the need to log food in order to keep calories within set limits. You won't know until you try.
  • LizMarie17mfp
    LizMarie17mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a calorie limit of 1,625 & I eat under 50 carbs a day, my fitness pal keeps me accountable. I have lost 28lbs in 19 days.
  • rosegreen12
    rosegreen12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I need now nt only to carefully count calories, but I have to go low carb (30-40 g). I love carbs of all kinds. Well, age has gotten me this way, but if I keep carbs low (plus count calories) I can lose lbs. - 61 so far at 64 years old.
  • dianemunn4881
    dianemunn4881 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing, well done both of you, I'm on my first week of keto, under 20g carbs a day and have been using mfp.
  • luc0z4de
    luc0z4de Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve started mine yesterday finally! I’ve been waiting for my guide and food plan to be delivered and finally it has. My friend used the same one just before me and has lost over a stone already. So fingers crossed mine will work just aswell.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,904 Member
    Options
    I am back on keto .....things are going well .... wishing you the very best :)
  • Yakitti
    Yakitti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to log... now im pretty lazy but im not new to keto. Its very important to log on the begining and it is pretty easy just give yourself few days and u will get used to it. BTW some websites with recipes have possibility to upload to mfp not always 100% correct but it works and saves a lot of time.

• AgataP11
    AgataP11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have just started tracking properly today but been doing keto since 30th June.
    Feel free to send me friend requests 😀