Step risers: How do I get enough of them, or what can I substitute? I'm perplexed.

Options
I am a fan of Cathe Friederich's workouts, and in many of them, she uses a health-club sized step with four risers on each side. I have been searching for some time online for a step like this that I could purchase; while I've found the step easily and two or three risers, none of them offer the purchase of four per side at once.

I also cannot find any site that sells them individually except a few, and those charge more than the step itself just to get risers.

Any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to solve this problem. I have a step, but it's much smaller and has only one riser per side, and I feel that it's time to increase the difficulty of my workouts by raising my step height, and I'd like the full-size step since I have big feet that barely fit on the small one I currently use (and for which I can't find any more risers because it's a brand that has gone out of business).

There are some plyometric boxes available online, but they lack the length of a fitness step. Would one of those be a suitable replacement?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    eBay?
  • crazypotato98
    crazypotato98 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've searched EBay, Amazon, Wal-Mart, and other sites. It's very, very difficult to find the risers on their own, and not one of those sites sells the step together with 8 risers total, so far as I can tell. :neutral:
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you have a brand name?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Risers will be specific to your brand of step. "The Step" brand is used in many Cathe and Gin Miller workouts. That's where you are going to find separate risers.

Buying 2 steps of the same brand would give you extra risers.

Below is a plyometric box by "The Step." The first question asked (in the review section) is, are these interchangeable with the orginal step bench, the answer is yes.

https://www.amazon.com/Step-Aerobic-Platform-Black-Risers/dp/B000BO8AAC/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2K2GHYQJFP0OZ&dchild=1&keywords=club+step+risers&qid=1592692111&sprefix=club+step,aps,162&sr=8-9
  • crazypotato98
    Options
    L1zardQueen, I'm sorry but I don't understand your question. Do I have a brand name...that I'm looking for? Do I have a brand name...when I do my search?
    TeaBea, thank you for the link. I had wondered if those would work. I should mention that I do not live in the US, and the shipping on those is crazy expensive. But of course, I will look for the same product here and just might find it. It's looking more and more like I'll just have to buy a plyometric box instead, as buying individual risers seems ridiculously expensive to me.

Thank you both for your replies.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you are in the UK then Mirafit.co.uk have them, £17.95 for 2. Google mirafit step risers.
  • crazypotato98
    Options
    Thanks, SwindonJogger. However, I am not in the UK but in Mexico. I'll keep checking Mexico Amazon and MercadoLibre for deals.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've found them at thrift stores, back when they were open. It's a random availability, as are most things in thrift stores. You do need to make sure they're the exact same style, as there is a lot of variation. There are also boxes you can build or buy.