REACHED GOAL Down 230 LBS (405 to 175) PHOTO

Options

Replies

• bgsamuel28
    bgsamuel28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You did so amazing, congrats on your success!!!
  • miltonactivate
    miltonactivate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow! Great job. Looking like a boss.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    rockconner wrote: »
    Your success brings me near to tears. My heaviest was 425#, & I'm trying to get to somewhere between 165# & 185#. I'm currently at 306#. That you have made the journey leaves me all at once encouraged, awed, & challenge. Respect.

Thanks Rock- Actually my perm goal was never as low as I ended up. Around 205-235 was acceptable for me… I had no idea if I could do IF as a lifestyle change or not; wasn’t sure of many aspects. Did a ton of research… long story short…it worked so well I had little problems adjusting. Of course, I have been doing daily walking for over a years too. Can’t wait for the gym to re-open… this stupid virus hit just as I was getting really into regular Nautilus (heart issues limit me to 50#) I haven’t been this low since high school so fingers crossed. Best of luck to you. MFP is a great program.
  • Poopycat1
    Poopycat1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! You don’t even look like the same person! Congratulations!
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Completely inspiring! Way to go!🎉🎉🎉
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I worry a lot about the potential for loose skin (think of fat b*stard at the end of the Austin Powers movie series). You lost weight over several years, did you have any loose skin problems or did the slow approach avoid that issue in your case?
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! What an inspiration!
  • kedwards4267
    kedwards4267 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are such an inspiration!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.. your hard work has paid off :)
  • floscorner
    floscorner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look healthy!
  • terril18
    terril18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    VERY INSPIRING! WOW!
  • PinkKiwi56
    PinkKiwi56 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's amazing!!
  • Cant_think_of_a_username
    Options
    Your knees must love you :)

Great job!
  • manujasharma8
    manujasharma8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Congratulations! :)
  • Nightstar76
    Nightstar76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Great job!
  • mattbell007
    mattbell007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    ...the potential for loose skin...?

I'm not the OP, but I lost 120 lbs over the course of a year and a half 7-8 years ago. I had quite a bit of loose skin. I thought about plastic surgery, but decided to give it some time. Partly, because I was afraid I might regain the weight. Partly, because of the expense. Partly, because of the fact that plastic surgery is still surgery. (I've kept it off, mostly; I'm still down 100 lbs, 8 years later.) Over the course of a few years, the loose skin has pretty much gone away. I still have a little, but compared to when I first lost the weight, almost none. People who say you'll never lose the extra skin are wrong. A person's body will adapt. It will take time, though.

I think fasting (including IF) can help with that. When fasting, a body uses parts of itself it doesn't need any more. That includes skin. I think the body keeps the skin for a while in case it might be needed again. Eventually, it gets the message it won't need the excess skin. Cheaper and safer, but much slower.
  • bamarshall02
    bamarshall02 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow. You're amazing. Thanks for sharing.
  • danvalentinedv
    danvalentinedv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    REACHED GOAL and now for maintenance…actually went 10-15 lbs below goal so we’ll see. Hit highest weight (405) in Nov 2013. Lost about 190 lbs by Feb 2015. Did great for a long time and then a yo-yo struggle w/ that last 50- 90 pound loss.

On May 13, 2019, I adopted a 16/8 Intermittent Fasting regimen. It was a “lifestyle” (not diet) change made for me. As of yesterday, I am down to 175 lbs… A weight not seen since high school. Waist went from 60” to loose-fitting 36”. Shirt sizes from 4X to simply “Large.”

I no longer require a statin drug. My overall cholesterol, LDL and Triglycerides are at their lowest levels in over a half decade. Weight loss won’t resolve all comorbidities but it has helped in multiple areas.

Plan: 1) Continue IF (which I really like); 2) continue exercise & overall behavioral changes.
    0g7adxo2hl1l.jpg

• danvalentinedv
    danvalentinedv Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!
  • Reggiefinleysr
    Reggiefinleysr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Absolutely astounding! Intermittent fasting can be challenging as many people binge. How did you maintain such a strict schedule? Any tips for others considering the same?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!