So, why are you here again, and why will this be the last time?

2»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    I have two yorkies....bother and sister from the same litter.. she is a little piggy.. she even snorts looking around for food...she would eat endlessly if she could and she eats up every single crumb on the floors. My little boy, I have to trick him to eat..he is skinny and I worry about him constantly.. he eats half of his foods and leaves it. Even when he does start eating well.. he stays thin... I have to watch her weight all the time..she's my little chubby girl. This is life...and this is why it is easy for some..and so hard for others.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Well, I can’t really say I’m back, because I never left, I suspect I will need to count calories and measure servings forever. Wether I am in lose mode or maintenance mode. I’ve been in both over the last 7 years. I have not made it to my ultimate goal weight yet, but I take maintenance breaks when I need them or want them. Even when. I get to my goal weight I know I will still need to track. I have a HUGE appetite and I can eat an impressive amount of food if I am not tracking. Some days I really wish I could be the “I just can’t eat all my calories” person. Instead I’ll eat all of mine and that person’s lol. So for me logging and tracking is a lifelong tool I will use to stay on track.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Hi all!

If any of you would like to try the team approach to getting through this crazy time with a wonderful group of people, take a look at the Fat2Fit Challenge. This group has been running for many years, and the community spirit on the teams is both supportive and effective. There is accountability (weekly weigh-ins, team chats, getting in there to share and help your team), all kinds of fun challenges, and general helpful friendship. There is space on a couple of the teams for some new members, so come check it out!

General info page:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

Registration for July:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10801389/july-2020-f2f-registration-for-new-members#latest

Give it a try if you want some real encouragement and success! The pandemic is a challenge, and we are all in there working through this together.
  • E_Val
    E_Val Posts: 27 Member
    I am back because my mental heath and physical health will finally let me get back to it. This time around I can workout. Not just count calories. I haven't been happy with my self image for some time now. Its time for a change!
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 217 Member
    I am here again because I want to take control of my health (again). This time around my goal is to help make myself aware of what I am putting into my body instead of simply limiting calories. Calorie counting, while very insightful, can turn food into something taboo - which does not make for a healthy relationship with the energy I need.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

• avtlove
    avtlove Posts: 82 Member
    I am here because I have started a new "diet" or way of eating hundreds of times. Every Monday morning for the last 17 years (since my last baby was born). I failed each time. Usually because I was trying something too restrictive, or I got overconfident and thought "I can do this without tracking. I know how to eat right now (after I'd tracked and ate more veggies for ONE WEEK)." and then it goes south from there. But the difference is, ALL THOSE TIMES I WAS TRYING TO LOSE FOR VANITY REASONS. I WANTED TO LOOK BETTER. Now, I'm wanting to take control of my health. I have two kids (17 and 19) and I shudder to think that if I don't take care of myself I won't be able to be there for my grandchildren someday or worse MY KIDs WILL HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF ME. When the thought hit me that I could be a burden to them someday~ it was a huge wake up call. That was a month ago and i'm all in now.
    I'm also being MUCH more realistic about how I'm going about this that I did before. I am eating healthier than ever, but I'm also eating treats in moderation. And more protein. I'm so excited about what the future holds.
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 280 Member
    I'm back again! Was doing really well last year and then stopped logging in November. Covid happened and I have now gained back about 10 pounds. Weight is now back up to 177 pounds....my goal is to reach 150 so back to logging my food and reading through the comments on this site for motivation.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I'm really impressed by all your pledges, especially where you've decided you're doing this again for your health, like @avtlove. Trying to get healthier (even if that's just losing the weight, rather than working out) is such a powerful goal. Our bodies will be much happier when they don't have to work so hard from the extra strain of all the extra weight we're carrying.

I had a bit of a wobble today, then reminded myself why I was doing this, and managed to stay on the straight and narrow. We're all capable of eating sensibly and managing our weight, we just have to keep reminding ourselves of that.