150+ lbs to lose

Options
Hi, I'm 32, I weigh 315 currently (down from 331). Looking for anyone I can add that might be in a similar (or WAS) situation.

Replies

• mc62412
    mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I started at 290 down to 266 since April. I’d love to get to 160 and see how I feel from there.
    Setting small goals along the way. Even though right now I’ve been in a 5 day back and fourth...it sure is frustrating. I’m not eating any of the things I used to eat ( pizza Chinese take out )
    All my meals are home cooked. Weighed, tracked and are 90% healthy.
    The first 20 pounds was a walk in the park. That was my first goal. The next one I set was to rid another 12 pounds. This is proving to be challenging.
    But at the same time, last weeks weigh in gave me a 4 pound loss. So in the bigger picture if I don’t lose much this week last week was more then successful.
    I’m trying to think about it that way.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. Best advice I can give you is to never give up, keep going. The journey will have its ups and downs but if you stick with it and think of it more of a lifestyle change than diet you'll reach your goal.
    I'm 28 and my heaviest was 350lbs, I'm currently 215lbs and aim to loose another 30lbs give or take
  • mc62412
    Options
    larryc251 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. Best advice I can give you is to never give up, keep going. The journey will have its ups and downs but if you stick with it and think of it more of a lifestyle change than diet you'll reach your goal.
    I'm 28 and my heaviest was 350lbs, I'm currently 215lbs and aim to loose another 30lbs give or take

Good for you ! That’s no easy task losing that much weight.
    How long ago did you start.
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    mc62412 wrote: »

Thank you! It's been a few yrs now, maybe 3 or 4. But I had fallen off track a few times for awhile but didn't really gain weight back till the end of last year because I had back surgery and couldn't do much. Since then I'm feeling great and getting closer to my goal of 185-190
  • mc62412
    edited June 2020
    Options
    mc62412 wrote: »

Thank you! It's been a few yrs now, maybe 3 or 4. But I had fallen off track a few times for awhile but didn't really gain weight back till the end of last year because I had back surgery and couldn't do much. Since then I'm feeling great and getting closer to my goal of 185-190

Good for you ! I can’t wait to reach a huge milestone.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I was 290 at my highest, and around 276 when I started MFP in April 2019.

I'm currently down to 180 and working on the last 30 lbs I want to lose.
  • mc62412
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I was 290 at my highest, and around 276 when I started MFP in April 2019.

I'm currently down to 180 and working on the last 30 lbs I want to lose.

Awesome work.