Peanut butter brand?

Options
My palate is used to eating the processed peanut butter. This morning I tried organic peanut butter (I forgot the brand - but I bought it @ Target's)...do you guys have any suggestion of peanut butter brands? - Thanks

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    I'll stop eating (moderately) my original JIF creamy peanut butter when they pull my cold dead hand from the jar!! :bigsmile:
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like the 365 organic peanut butter from Whole Foods. In a pinch I'll buy MaraNantha, which can be found in many regular grocery stores (I got mine at Kroger).

I do typically add a little extra sea salt to my organic peanut butters. Spread onto your bread or apple or whatever, then add a light sprinkle of salt. It tastes better to me that way.

You can also buy fresh ground organic peanut butter at Whole Foods in the bulk section. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to next time.

I also love to buy organic, raw almonds and make my own almond butter at home. I like it even better than peanut butter. Just add almonds to your food processor, and ground until fine. I then add a bit of salt and some organic extra virgin coconut oil, and blend until smooth.

Some people say that if you blend long enough you don't need the extra olive, that it'll get creamy on it's own, but that hasn't worked for me. Maybe my little mini-food processor just isn't strong enough. Anyway.... good luck!

God bless!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Smucker's All Natural peanut butter ... I LOVE it and easily prefer it over the processed stuff.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Skippy Natural. It's still a little processed, but all natural ingredients. And, honestly, I've never tasted better peanut butter and I've had every kind you can imagine -- processed and not.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Adams is our favorite "nothin' but peanuts" peanut butter.
  • lauradupree
    Options
    I like the Skippy Natural Creamy peanut butter. It does not have transfats, so it's a bit better than most, and it spreads easily. My palate didn't like the truly natural/organic peanut butter.
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co is a good brand. It only contains peanuts and salt. I like to use MaraNatha also.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/article/best-peanut-butter
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    The natural kind you make at home...
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We eat PB2.....I can only find it online. I do have to add spenda to it to make it a little sweeter....45 calories for 2 Tbls.....I love it!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter & Co is a good brand. It only contains peanuts and salt. I like to use MaraNatha also.

It has oil in it, too. I use the Dark Chocolate Dreams in my smoothie and I read ingredients of everything before I try it.

What's funny is it has no added sugar, but it has a higher sugar content than the Skippy Natural.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Smart Balance has a nice roasted taste to it. Recently we bought a 2 pack of Jif crunchy, one for the dog treats, one for us and it tastes quite good. There's no High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Smuckers is great too but be prepared to stir. PB and Co is RIDICULOUS! They have a dark chocolate peanut butter that is to die for. Not tooooo much sugar, yet still delish. Walmart sells it.
  • vabheegaard
    Options
    Smuckers Organic! Awesome and has received great reviews.

Another great alternative is POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER. I saw it on Hungry Girl special on Food Network this weekend! See the link for more info: http://www.iherb.com/Bell-Plantation-PB2-Powdered-Peanut-Butter-6-5-oz-184-g/38245?utm_source=gb&utm_medium=f2
  • Jlynb1109
    Jlynb1109 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Smucker's All Natural peanut butter ... I LOVE it and easily prefer it over the processed stuff.

I love the Smucker's Natural also!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Nut butter. Wait...what are we talking about again? LOL
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options

It has oil in it, too. I use the Dark Chocolate Dreams in my smoothie and I read ingredients of everything before I try it.

What's funny is it has no added sugar, but it has a higher sugar content than the Skippy Natural.

Oh ok... I was just going off of what that website post said. I have never tried PB & Co. Thanks for the info....
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great Value! Hahahaha
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Nut butter. Wait...what are we talking about again? LOL

Funny Girl!! :smile:
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    Skippy's Natural CHUNKY, Smart Balance chunky. Whichever one is on sale. I once bought 15 jars of Skippy's and my family of 4 went through it in 2 months.

Just a little bit of an addiction we have there!
  • melliemel818
    melliemel818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Smucker's all Natural creamy or Smucker's Organic all Natural creamy is really good.