Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong.

I was losing weight steadily but this week I’ve stalled. Can someone look at my log and tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Is your diary set to public? I'm on your profile and can't seem to see it.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Coffee_addict22 Posts: 86 Member
    harper16 wrote: »
    Is your diary set to public? I'm on your profile and can't seem to see it.

It is now!
  • Coffee_addict22

I’ve been doing it for 3 weeks consistently. I dropped from 162 to 157 the first two weeks but I’m back up at 159. I just need to figure out what I’m doing wrong so I can continue losing.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Right now you're losing an average of 1 pound/week, which is pretty fast. Don't panic over fluctuations (in the past few days, I've "gone up" around 4 lbs and "gone down" around 3, just between hydration, sodium, blah blah blah). It may be helpful to get a weight trend app - helps to see the "big picture" so you don't stress out so much over the daily fluctuations. Keep up the good work!
  • Coffee_addict22
    sijomial wrote: »
    Not actually seeing a problem with losing 3lbs in 3 weeks. Many people don't lose weight in a linear fashion, the trend matters and not a single week. Weighing yourself daily or weekly?

There may be nothing to fix apart from a bit of impatience and adopting a longer term view.

Bearing in mind your profile name I'm a bit surprised not to see any calorie containing drinks logged.
    Your food measurments are a mixture of cups, spoons (both can be very inaccurate) and weights in both grams and ounces (a lot of round numbers which could be estimating not actually weighing). That may suggest somewhat lax logging but if you are getting results (which you are remember) that may be a problem that doesn't need to be fixed - calorie counting is a tool not a goal.

I weight or measure everything. To make life easier I just scan barcodes on most things and weight out the serving size.
  • Coffee_addict22
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    Right now you're losing an average of 1 pound/week, which is pretty fast. Don't panic over fluctuations (in the past few days, I've "gone up" around 4 lbs and "gone down" around 3, just between hydration, sodium, blah blah blah). It may be helpful to get a weight trend app - helps to see the "big picture" so you don't stress out so much over the daily fluctuations. Keep up the good work!

I have my Calories set to lose 2lbs a week. That’s why I’m curious why I haven’t lost 6 pounds? I have done this before but it’s just been too long.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Not actually seeing a problem with losing 3lbs in 3 weeks. Many people don't lose weight in a linear fashion, the trend matters and not a single week. Weighing yourself daily or weekly?

There may be nothing to fix apart from a bit of impatience and adopting a longer term view.

Bearing in mind your profile name I'm a bit surprised not to see any calorie containing drinks logged.
    Your food measurments are a mixture of cups, spoons (both can be very inaccurate) and weights in both grams and ounces (a lot of round numbers which could be estimating not actually weighing). That may suggest somewhat lax logging but if you are getting results (which you are remember) that may be a problem that doesn't need to be fixed - calorie counting is a tool not a goal.

Hahaha I drink black coffee so I don’t log it🤣
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    You'll only lose 2 pounds per week if everything is on point and even then it depends on if you really have enough weight to lose to support that kind of loss.

Two pounds per week is for people that are obese. Like 50 pounds over weight. Even if that's you, you still need to dial in the correct amount of food for your particular life and it doesn't happen in three weeks.

Did you read that fluctuation link above?

Stay the course.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    edited June 2020
    JBanx256 wrote: »

I have my Calories set to lose 2lbs a week. That’s why I’m curious why I haven’t lost 6 pounds? I have done this before but it’s just been too long.

It's probably a factor of loose logging or having your activity set wrong.

However I would really encourage a slower loss of 1lb a week. More sustainable, less muscle loss and easier to get nutrients in.

Edited to add - well done, you're doing great even if it doesn't feel like it when that stupid scale bumps up by a bit. I promise it's not fat!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member

Your food measurements are a mixture of cups, spoons (both can be very inaccurate) and weights in both grams and ounces (a lot of round numbers which could be estimating not actually weighing). That may suggest somewhat lax logging but if you are getting results (which you are remember) that may be a problem that doesn't need to be fixed - calorie counting is a tool not a goal.

I weight or measure everything. To make life easier I just scan barcodes on most things and weight out the serving size.

Just be aware that cups and spoons measure volume (not always very well either) but calories are in relation to weight and not volume.
    For getting accurate calories cups and spoons can be horrendously poor.