Ate at Mcdonalds

Options
2»

Replies

• bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I call that a NSV, realizing how disgusting McDonalds is, especially twice in one day. BTW, the filet o fish is probably the worst choice on the menu. Grilled chicken sando would be far better. Also, do you have a Subway nearby? Not as quick, I know, but leaps and bounds better than Mickey D's, and you can eat while you drive.
    nope, i work on a military base and there is a burger king on base, and a mcd's outside the gate. The next option is a 15 mile drive to town and back. Not feasible with my lunch schedule.
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. I found the same thing happened to me after a couple of months of no fast food burgers and fries. Have not returned for a little over six months. If I don't make my food the night before, I carry nuts, protein bar or cut veggies to take the edge off until I can find something that I will eat..
    For fast food option some of the not horrible options could be: Wendy's salad, chili or baked potato; Del Taco/Taco Bell fish taco, bean and cheese cup, Carl's Jr salad.
    Good Luck
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I call that a NSV, realizing how disgusting McDonalds is, especially twice in one day. BTW, the filet o fish is probably the worst choice on the menu. Grilled chicken sando would be far better. Also, do you have a Subway nearby? Not as quick, I know, but leaps and bounds better than Mickey D's, and you can eat while you drive.

It's amazing what your body will say when you have a bad meal. I had a fried flounder/shrimp dinner one night back in may. I hurt for a day.

That was the last thing of fried food I had, aside from 1order of fries from Hardee's. Turkey burger ftw.

OP, I def agree w/ grilled chicken w/ no mayo, as said.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch almost every day but on Friday got jammed up with one kid having football practice, the other a volleyball game, physical therapy for me in the afternoon and had to run home and pick up the camper and go back out and pick everyone up to go camping over the weekend. Crazy day. Appreciate all the feedback, sounds like a grilled chicken sammich, no fries of course or maybe a snack wrap would be a realitively healthy option calorie wise.
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    nope, i work on a military base and there is a burger king on base, and a mcd's outside the gate. The next option is a 15 mile drive to town and back. Not feasible with my lunch schedule.

Hey Mike -- just one more thought, since you mentioned Burger King: where I live they have a veggie burger and I think it is awesome. In fact, if my friends want fast food, I always ask if we can go there to get it. I get it w/o cheese or mayo (not sure how it comes standard) but it is about 300 calories and very filling. IDK if you have already tried it but I think that is a great option. I wish places like McDs and others would follow the trend... :) Anyway, good luck!
  • TexasMamaTwo
    TexasMamaTwo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We were out with the kids and our once in a while lunch out was McDonalds. Since it was unplanned I hadn't had a chnce to check the website which I normally do so I can make a good choice. I ended up with the Grilled Chicken BLT - 380 caloies. It tasted pretty good and I felt ok eating it since it was grilled and did not have cheese. When I checked the calories when we got home, I was thrilled with my choice!
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Grilled chicken Go Wrap.
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Grilled chicken Go Wrap.
  • pickenslmc
    pickenslmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always get a chicken mcnugget kids meal, sometimes a mighty kids meal-with 6 pieces instead of 4. I still get fries, it comes in under 600 calories w/diet coke & bbq sauce. I get the happy meal, because I usually go at work and bring the toy home to my sons, they like the occasional surprise toy.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    try hitting up a sheetz or gas station

jerky, or protein bars are ALWAYS around and if your lucky you can get some fresh fruit
    maybe grab a iced tea. sometimes they have some pretty decent sandwiches too
  • narenn
    Options
    After avoiding fast food for 3 months, my body no longer accepts cheeseburgers and such...

Last time I had a McDouble, I ended up throwing up!!! It's like that for most of their food...
  • stylin
    stylin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eat the meat patties at McDonalds, It's $3 for 40g of protein, its like a steak lol jk. Some days you have to not care at all about food/water and have fun.
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sorry but what's an NSV?
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Their chicken fajitas are pretty good
  • Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I keep Special K protein bars and fruit handy at all times. Sometimes it might be hard for me to get something to eat. Especially healthy. The bar and fruit tends to tide me over though.

NSV=Non scale victory
  • elfy66
    elfy66 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    NSV=Non scale victory
    [/quote]

Thanks! I was beginning to think I was invisible :)
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand any of the fast food restaurants anymore. Once they switched to the non-hydrogenated oils, the fries - the thing that drew me in - all started to have very bitter aftertastes to me.

We now only eat burger-food at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. They cook their fries in peanut oil. Still not healthy food, but way tastier than McD or the like.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I ate there today. I usually stick to their hamburgers. Their grilled chickens are good too and not that bad for you especially if you get no-mayo or ranch. The BBQ snack wrap too.