Does anyone use premium?

I was wondering if it’s worth it and if so why.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I don't. I have had success without, so don't see any reason to pay for something I don't need.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    For me, none of the features would be particularly helpful. But if there are features that you think would be useful, then it could be worth it to you.

One thing to know: when site features go down, they go down for everyone. Premium members don't get a better running version of the site, so I would only pay if I was comfortable still paying for x number of days when full functionality wasn't available to me.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    I pay for premium because I like the freedom to set my own goal numbers and adjust how I what I want to track.
  • Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    No
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member
    I've never heard of anything that would be worth me paying for. And over the years, I've experienced so many issues with the site that, as janejellyroll says, would be the same for everyone, that I'm even less inclined to want to pay. Adverts don't bother me.

The ability to set a specific carb number rather a percentage in multiple of 5% for my macro would be useful -but not that useful that I'd pay £120 a year or whatever Premium costs.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    This app is consistently broken af, I refuse to pay money for something that just dies for days or weeks at a time.

I had premium as a gift for a couple months and didn't feel it offered me much in the way of needed functionality tbh.
  • Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM Posts: 59 Member
    I pay for premium because I like the freedom to set my own goal numbers and adjust how I what I want to track.
    But you can do that for free here? You don’t need premium?

• Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM Posts: 59 Member
    I've never heard of anything that would be worth me paying for. And over the years, I've experienced so many issues with the site that, as janejellyroll says, would be the same for everyone, that I'm even less inclined to want to pay. Adverts don't bother me.

The ability to set a specific carb number rather a percentage in multiple of 5% for my macro would be useful -but not that useful that I'd pay £120 a year or whatever Premium costs.
    Thankyou for putting it into perspective x
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    edited June 2020
    I like being able to log specific times I eat foods. That helps me with my goals.

I don't do intermittent fasting, if you did, it would be handy for that as well - being able to set different calorie goals on different days. Maybe if/when I get back into exercise I'll set myself different goals on work out days.

I am quite irritated though that I pay for Premium and they can't do something simple like fix the broken ticker in my profile.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member

I've just checked, and I paid £39.99 for the year. (It's not particularly easy to find out the cost of MFP Premium.)

I think it's more expensive paying on a monthly basis, but £39.99 isn't terrible. That's like a posh coffee each month.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I like being able to log specific times I eat foods. That helps me with my goals.

I don't do intermittent fasting, if you did, it would be handy for that as well - being able to set different calorie goals on different days. Maybe if/when I get back into exercise I'll set myself different goals on work out days.

I am quite irritated though that I pay for Premium and they can't do something simple like fix the broken ticker in my profile.

You can change the names of meals to reflect times for free. That's how I set upy diary. I just named my meals 7-11, 12-4, 5-10 or whatever times you normally eat.