Hiker’s Rash and ankle swelling

Has anyone ever experienced this? If yes, suggestions on remedies?

I am a stylist so I am standing most of the day plus trying to get all my steps in has caused overload I suppose. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    First of all, if you feel otherwise fine, it’s nothing to worry about. But if you have a low grade fever, feel tired and headachy, get to a doctor, ask for a sed rate test and tests for autoimmune problems. Vasculitis on my legs was the first sign of lupus for me.

Keeping your feet elevated as much as possible is a good thing, and so is getting some more active motion in, to prevent blood from pooling in your extremities. Instead of walking to get your steps in, adding a little running or dancing or anything to get your heart rate up can help. Losing weight can also help, if you are overweight. Some people find that taking an antihistamine or using a steroid cream helps. Compression socks can help. Best of luck to you!
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    MAOMom6 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever experienced this? If yes, suggestions on remedies?

I am a stylist so I am standing most of the day plus trying to get all my steps in has caused overload I suppose. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

Yes, I have had it! Your body is talking to you, so listen. Give it a rest for a few days and if it gets better then start back slow, if not you need to see a Doctor. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    If your ankles are swelling every day from working on your feet, you should really tell your doctor and consider compression hose of some sort and time with your feet raised. Those who have standing jobs like yours are susceptible to developing varicose veins and other leg circulation problems that can shorten their careers.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    The hiker's rash can be caused by your socks, assuming you wear socks. As your feet swell, the socks feel tighter and the polyester irritates the skin. When I have had it, it never hurt so I didn't worry about it too much. I would address the swelling, preferably with a doctor. It may be too much or too little water but there may be something more serious going on.
  • ebrookes73
    ebrookes73 Posts: 18 Member
    Chub rub is a real thing.

Hiker's rash is on the ankles/lower leg, it's not chub rub.