Loving the new gym guidelines

Gaygirl2120
Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
edited June 2020 in Fitness and Exercise
I work out at Youfit and I’m quite enjoying all the changes. Have to stay 6ft away from strangers. Everyone is wearing masks so nobody talks to you. People actually have to clean off the machines after use. You can only use every other cardio machine, so nobody can get on the machine right next to you. You can just focus on your workout and nobody bothers you. I say let’s keep it this way lol! Before anyone gets offended, I’m just making light of a bad situation. So don’t come for me 🙅🏽‍♀️

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    edited June 2020
    They probably increased fresh air ventilation too. Hooray for Covid. :+1:
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    I work out at Youfit and I’m quite enjoying all the changes. Have to stay 6ft away from strangers. Everyone is wearing masks so nobody talks to you. People actually have to clean off the machines after use. You can only use every other cardio machine, so nobody can get on the machine right next to you. You can just focus on your workout and nobody bothers you. I say let’s keep it this way lol! Before anyone gets offended, I’m just making light of a bad situation. So don’t come for me 🙅🏽‍♀️

To be honest it sounds like you're someone who should have a home gym.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,376 Member
    I would prefer this as well TO. I hate busy places and too many people who show too little consideration for their fellows. I don't go to gyms though because I don't have a proper dudes gym nearby but only those posh places with lots of courses, blinking screens, music etc while I'd just want a squat rack, bench and weights. What annoys me at the moment is that many gyms moved outdoors and are now blasting their terrible music to the whole neighbourhood. Sigh.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Jax2120 wrote: »

To be honest it sounds like you're someone who should have a home gym.

To be honest I would have one if I could afford one. But until I win the lottery and can build myself a big gym in my house 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    I am 100% right there with you, OP!
  • Urthepinetomyapple
    Urthepinetomyapple Posts: 18 Member
    Ours are still closed 😩
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Had just the opposite experience at a 24hr. They make you mask to the door, then cease to care. The non-masked clientele were being aggressive about the space with the masked people being sure to always be within 6 ft of someone and no one said a word despite several complaints. Masks are legally required in this county in order to be inside a business of any type.
  • Gaygirl2120
    karn82 wrote: »
    Ours are still closed 😩

Ours just opened 2 weeks ago. But with how bad things are getting again I won’t be shocked if they close again 😩
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    DaddieCat wrote: »
    Had just the opposite experience at a 24hr. They make you mask to the door, then cease to care. The non-masked clientele were being aggressive about the space with the masked people being sure to always be within 6 ft of someone and no one said a word despite several complaints. Masks are legally required in this county in order to be inside a business of any type.

Shoot an email to their corporate headquarters from their website. Last thing they want is bad publicity in the media for violating the law.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Same here except no masks required. Loving it.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Same here except no masks required. Loving it.

We only have to wear them to walk around the gym, but we can take them off during workouts.