What’s the best pre workout Supplement?

I just need the energy to get started any suggestions?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    If it's first thing in the morning, I'll sometimes take an Excedrin (especially if I also have a headache). In the afternoon, I'll have iced coffee or a diet soda or one of those pwdered energy drinks you add to water.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Cup of coffee. I work out first thing in the AM. All that other stuff is just mullarky to me!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Black coffee. Everything else makes me too jittery and upsets my stomach.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Coffee and candy works for me
  • Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM Posts: 59 Member
    Why do I need a supplement? Just eat normal.
  • Mandy72CM
    Mandy72CM wrote: »
    Why do I need a supplement? Just eat normal.

I mean you!
  • erikaholloway311
    erikaholloway311 Posts: 12 Member
    I do eat very well thank you very much!
  • Mandy72CM
    so what supplement are you looking for? I’m not sure what your asking?

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    I like C4 a lot. I don't take it for every workout, I save it for the mornings I am up so early and working out I don't have time for a coffee as I don't want to become dependent on preworkout, but C4 takes pretty good and gets me all revved and ready in about 15 minutes.
  • erikaholloway311

Something for energy to help me be motivated to get my workout done.

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member

Than how is your sleep hygiene?
  • erikaholloway311
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Not great but getting better, I think I have depression or something, I just don’t have any energy and motivation sometimes.
  • tru2dalimit
    tru2dalimit Posts: 1 Member
    Since energy generally comes from the foods we eat, and if you already eat well - do you get the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables? Do you do take probiotics? Do you drink enough water? Do you take a vitamin d supplement? Vitamin D is extremely helpful in regulating mood. Are you deficient? If you take a vitamin D, how many IU and does it have k2 for absorption? That's where you can start .

If you are looking for a preworkout, be careful of what is in it, is the product certified by informed-choice.org?
    The one I take is blend of rhodiola rosea, Carnosyn beta-aline and an energy matrix that includes caffeine (from guarana seed extract and coffee bean extract), Eleuthero root, ginkgo leaf, astragalus root, Asian ginseng root, schizandra fruit and seed, sargassum thallus, reishi fruit, jujube fruit, lycium fruit, luo han guo fruit .
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member

Something for energy to help me be motivated to get my workout done.

Coffee & sugar for energy. If sleep isn't good (as you've said), fix that. Beyond that, would there be a different workout you'd find more enjoyable to do? That's what's motivating, to me - the enjoyment.

Also, if you're pursuing weight loss, are you trying to lose quite fast? That can affect energy level and mood. Moderate loss may help.

Along the same line, are you eating back at least a good chunk of the exercise calories? Same reasons.

Some dietary changes may help energy level, and even mood. If there's a motivation problem - at least as I understand the "motivation" term - a supplement isn't likely to help. If actual depression is in the picture, then counseling or even medication should be on the table as possible solutions, and there should be no more stigma to that than there is if we consult a dietitian for help with our eating, or a trainer for help with our exercise. It's a positive trait to recognize when we could benefit from professional help, and find some.

Best wishes!
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Not great but getting better, I think I have depression or something, I just don’t have any energy and motivation sometimes.

Sorry about that but you need to attack the root cause not look for some supplement.

Best of luck.
  • IslandMack
    IslandMack Posts: 8 Member

It really will come down to what works best for you, everyone reacts differently! How much of a kick in the bum you want?.. and do you have any particular ingredients you want to avoid?... You will possibly have to try a couple so do not be shy at the Vit store or GNC ask them for a few samples.
    Me personally; I vary, I like natural and or clean as possible ingredients for the most part so;
    Genius PreworkOut, Do Vitamins Get Pumped or Ora Renewable Energy. The latter is the tamer of the two.
    Something with a little bit more to it but still Clean quality ingredients: True Athlete or PreJym
    If I wanted to bring the house down I would probably grab a shot of: Performix SST or Ion 2. Or Mr Hyde Icon.
    The Genius might be a good one for you, it has Rosea Rhodiola in it, sometimes my spirits need a kick in the bum too. Have fun trying them and let is know how you got on😊🤓🤙🏻
  • Rocksoul4U
    Rocksoul4U Posts: 2 Member
    Small amount of C4 Pre Workout for a few days can kickstart you. But I wouldn’t try to take it everyday. I also agree with Sawjer, there are better ways with one being to just do it, you may not feel like it but once you get started you’ll feel your energy and motivation coming back. Make pre workout supplements your last choice unless you’re into heavyweight lifting. Take it one day at a time, start off with walking. The key word is START. You can do it 👍🏽