Tighten loose skin after weight loss.

mssarah87
mssarah87 Posts: 6 Member
edited July 2020 in Success Stories
Hi, so I've lost about 75+ lbs over the past almost year now and I'm not at my goal yet, but I'm noticing some loose skin already. Are there exercises that you can do to tighten your skin? This is the lowest weight I've been at in my adult life and I'm 32, have never had children and don't want to have any kind of surgery. Also I've lost and gained about 50 lbs about 5 times in my life, have had stretch marks for as long as I can remember, which I'm not concerned with, because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get rid of them haha. I'm sorry this isn't really a success story post, but I figured those who have lost the weight would know best.

Replies

• CherylGodfrey1
    CherylGodfrey1 Posts: 7 Member
    I don't know if you have access to a pool or enjoy swimming but I've been really firming up my upper arms by swimming about 50 minutes/day/4 days a week over the past few weeks. Also adding in some weights will help tighten up that skin as well.
  • ChrissyChickie
    ChrissyChickie Posts: 182 Member
    I have lost 156 pounds. My loose skin is my trophy, just like my wrinkles, it belongs to me. It shows what I am capable of. The good and the bad, the ugly. I did that to myself. It's a reminder of what could happen again if I don't watch out. I notice it's tightening up a bit but will not fully go away. In my age (I am in my mid 50's) it's not that big of a deal, but it does bother me a bit. I have a feeling I might get it fixed one day. As for my boops. Well, there is gravity, you just can't challenge it. :-)

As for my face. I have been told I look order since I lost weight. Chocolate seems to be a good wrinkle remover after all. :-)

My face is the one part I worry the most about. I notice that people who lose a lot of weight often do look older. I'm taking collagen now... hoping to avoid this as much as possible.
  • sbe80
    sbe80 Posts: 3 Member
    My mother is 80 and she lost some weight due to illness, then gained it back and she tells me it took about six months for her skin to get back to normal-except her face, but that could be just normal aging.
    On the other hand, I come from an olive oil producing part of the world and my grandmother used to swear by olive oil for pregnant bellies, to avoid stretch marks and help the skin bounce back. I'm guessing any oil will do, and probably any rich moisturiser. I don't think it's a miracle cure, but there's no harm trying and at the very least you'll end up with soft skin.
    At 32 I think your skin will eventually recover if you look after it. But after a certain age even slim people's skin sags. Just go to any beach and you'll see that nobody is perfect.
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    Toning (muscle building) and time. It’ll rebound itself somewhat, how much depends on genetics unfortunately.
    I have taken collagen for the past few months and have noticed a slight improvement in my skin - it seems slightly firmer and fresher looking? However this may have happened by itself as time passed, but I take it anyway as it’s within my budget and isn’t causing me harm.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!