Nutrition Question

My husband is bringing home Garozzo’s tonight. We usually get the Chicken Soeidini special. It comes with a large salad and pasta. I eat all the salad. 3 chicken medallions. I don’t eat the pastas. I don’t know the measurements to any of the food. The restaurant does not list nutrition facts. I am not sure if the ones listed in the data base is the exact amount. Should I just guess and allow myself this treat, especially sense I eat mostly the salad anyway? What do you think?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    If the restaurant doesn't provide data, then it's likely that the database entries are someone else's best guess as to the calories.

I would look at that and balance it against the food itself to see if it seems accurate. Keep in mind that salad can be very high calorie depending on what is in it (dressing, toppings, etc) and lots of calories can be added to chicken depending on how it is prepared.

But I personally don't think we should feel like we have to avoid eating out/takeout at all while losing weight, just do your best to estimate the calories and have fun!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    If you are doing this at home you can weigh things like your chicken serving and then use a listing for chicken speidini that has a weight for its servings. You can divide your number of grams by its number of grahams using a calculator and that will give you a number of servings. Speidini is basically just breaded chicken cutlet.
  • AWLeigh
    AWLeigh Posts: 7 Member
    Can we have the Food Diary also calculate all the Essential Vitamins and Minerals, please? This would help me keep track of my B-12, K2 and D3 intake, which my doctor is requiring me to take. This would be so awesome!!! The Food Diary needs a section just for Vitamins & Supplements. I know this requires has been asked a thousand time by users and nothing has been done. Please add. Thank you very much in advance.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    If you want that, go to Cronometer.
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    My husband is bringing home Garozzo’s tonight. We usually get the Chicken Soeidini special. It comes with a large salad and pasta. I eat all the salad. 3 chicken medallions. I don’t eat the pastas. I don’t know the measurements to any of the food. The restaurant does not list nutrition facts. I am not sure if the ones listed in the data base is the exact amount. Should I just guess and allow myself this treat, especially sense I eat mostly the salad anyway? What do you think?

Have your treat and don't think twice about it, there is no point in suffering. I would just quick add for the calories and add in what you think is the correct amount +100kcal on top to make sure. I had about 4000kcal one day as a treat day and still lost weight that week, it can also shock the body and reset it. Someone else said this but be careful with "just the salad" they can be silent killers in weight loss especially if they are not made at home!
    AWLeigh wrote: »
    Can we have the Food Diary also calculate all the Essential Vitamins and Minerals, please? This would help me keep track of my B-12, K2 and D3 intake, which my doctor is requiring me to take. This would be so awesome!!! The Food Diary needs a section just for Vitamins & Supplements. I know this requires has been asked a thousand time by users and nothing has been done. Please add. Thank you very much in advance.

Nice hijack of a thread.. there are a lot of questions I could ask, message me if you want but not on this thread.