Losing weight is simple, but it's not easy

I just wanted to pass this along. I heard someone else say this on youtube a couple of months ago and it really clicked with me. I was in a really bad place all around and my lack of exercise, poor eating habits, and weight going up was causing me major problems. I was so sort of sorts I didn't know what to do, how to do, where to start, etc. I've been up and down the weight loss road more times than I can count over the years but I forgot how simple losing weight and getting healthier is. Screw diets, really screw fad diets, screw ''boot camps'' and burning yourself out from exercise in no time. Keep it simple. Make a choice to get healthier first and foremost. Set up a calorie and macro-nutrient plan that works for you, have goals, follow it. Get your lazy butt moving every day and push yourself to do that workout you don't want to do because they add up. Stay committed. Success will happen. Two months later and I have lost almost 20 pounds. More importantly, I feel so much better in every way imaginable and I am healthier and in better shape from exercise.

If this message can help one person the way it helped me than my time to post this is more than worth it. I have so much more work to do and more weight to lose. However, that's not important. What's important to me is to get healthier, feel better, and work hard to achieve my goals one day at a time. The rest will work itself out because losing weight is extremely simple, just not easy.

Replies

• Andia15
    Andia15 Posts: 104 Member
    Thank you! I needed to hear that today!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    That's been one of my favorite sayings, "weight loss is simple, but not easy." It nails the point perfectly for me.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,239 Member
    Thanks