Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Reaching 200g protein/day on mostly veg diet.

AObravo123AObravo123 Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member
Would love some advice or any good ideas I could try.

Please don't quiz me on amount of protein or why I'm doing a part veg diet etc.

Replies

• Hanibanani2020Hanibanani2020 Member Posts: 522 Member Member Posts: 522 Member
    Legumes, vegan protein powder, green leafies, and nuts are all high protein.
  • DaddieCatDaddieCat Member Posts: 3,674 Member Member Posts: 3,674 Member
    Seitan is my go-to eatable. Otherwise, I'd likely supplement powders. 200 is a lot, but it's do-able. I've eaten that amount of protein on a plant-based diet, but it often requires some extra planning/math to keep carbs from blowing up since they are included in most plant-based proteins.
  • rainbow198rainbow198 Member Posts: 2,263 Member Member Posts: 2,263 Member
    Chickpeas, black beans, seeds, nuts, protein powder some of my go to's to help me reach my protein goals everyday.

I have creative ways of sneaking these items into my foods. Making protein smoothies and stir fry are great ways.

Also for example with chickpeas I use it as a base for my veggie burgers and I make this choco chip and peanut butter "cookie dough" bar with it. Sounds weird I know, but it's good to me and it helps me to add more calories to my day. And with protein powder I add it to my oatmeal, I make protein bars etc.

However I do eat farm fresh eggs a couple times per week and make omelettes, french toast, breakfast sandwiches etc. and that helps as well.
    edited July 1
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,850 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,850 Member
    Tempeh, nutritional yeast
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,155 Member Member Posts: 30,155 Member
  • GeneralSTpowerGeneralSTpower Member Posts: 21 Member Member Posts: 21 Member
    You need to put out more info to get the most out.
    Anyways, beans, legumes, chickpea, nuts are the main vegan ones. But yeah,200 is a lot so would definitely recommend a vegan protein powder.
  • MithriditesMithridites Member Posts: 402 Member Member Posts: 402 Member
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 22,046 Member Member Posts: 22,046 Member
    Without knowing if by "veg" you mean vegan or vegetarian, or knowing your calorie goal, I'm not going to comment.
  • AObravo123AObravo123 Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member