Ladies?! What do you use on ur face to prevent breakouts fro

Options
Topic was cut off: :embarassed:

Ladies, What do you use on ur face to prevent breakouts from sweat?
Or, What facial cleanser would you suggest using to clean out your pores and/or, for facial imperfections caused by sweat?

Right Now, I use St. Ives Green Tea Scrub but if you have something better..."Do tell?" :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tinkerbella01
    Options
    I use Aveda, I find that it really helps with breakouts! They have different lines based on your skin type, I use a combination from the different lines based on the season.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Gentle=better. Honestly, I use a mild antibacterial soap and some mosturizer before bed and that is the only thing that works for me. I've had cystic acne since age 13 and everytime I tried something harsh or a three step system, it just made things worse.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have very oily skin so I can not use anything but warm water. Occasionally I use a little soap to when I notice my skin is extra oily. If I do break out Zap-Zit is cheap and works fast. Dr. Oz says to be care ful using products because you can wash away the natural sheath of protectant our skin has and actually cause more break outs.

I also found I have to wash my body again in the shower if I condition my hair. That stuff causes break outs anywhere that it sits on my skin. :grumble:
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    a good one that wont dry out your skin is cetaphil
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I use Cetaphil both BEFORE and after my workouts. I find my pores open up when I sweat and my make up and other gunk gets caught in there. SO I make sure I start off with a clean face and this seems to help.

Cetaphil is incredibly gentle so it works for me since I wash my face 3-4 times a day. And it's cheap - another plus! You can get it at WalMart or any other store.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I use a face wipe called Acne sports wipes after each workout which seems to help keep the acne at bay. Hope this helps.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    For sweat, as dorky as it looks, I use a terrycloth sweatband around my hairline. It keeps all my hair products from dripping onto my face. Since doing that, I've stopped getting breakouts completely!
  • clew313
    Options
    I use clearasil black head remover. Its like a scrub and I use it 2 times a day. Over a period of 3 weeks my skin looks fantastic. Its kind of expensive but a the dollar general store their brand is cheaper and works just as good. Good Luck
  • chubbychristianchick
    Options
    I've always had a problem with acne... when I started working out it got worse.... I switched cleansers... I now use zapzit (available at wal-mart) cleaner and there acne treatment cream... I never work out with make-up on! I wash before and after. Additionally this can be a bit drying.
  • genxrider
    genxrider Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifelong Clinique 3-stepper and I always have travel sizes on me.
  • texancountess
    Options
    I use Neutragena's Clear (or maybe clean) Pore. It's a wash/mask and it works wonders for me.
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    try baby shampoo. I know it sounds insane, but it is ph balanced and it is gentle
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Oh - I have tried the gamete of expensive face cleansers and Cetaphil is by far the best I've used. I won't ever use anything else again. My face and my pocket book are happy :)
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Clinique has been my good friend for years. They have a "three step" process that can change as your face changes. My skin likes to go from oily to dry and back all the time. So this is nice.
  • kimbk1
    kimbk1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    great idea!!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I just use my daughter's liquid "baby" soap.
  • popupvideo
    popupvideo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love witch hazel.. cheap and does the job for me. I just put a little on a few cotton balls and clean my face after working out.
    Then if you have any problem areas, re-apply on the spot 2-3 times a day.

I noticed I break out more now that I'm eating healthy/exercising.. I recently bought BHA liquid that I hear works wonders for pores, but I haven't received it yet. We shall see! Good luck :)
  • simplysan67
    Options
    I use MaryKay's system and when I feel extra oily, I use the Acne Treatment and my face is better than I can remember it ever being. Love that stuff.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use natural and/or organic skin care products and when I wear makeup (which isn't all that often) I only wear MAC (because it isn't tested on animals and is long-lasting) and I use their powder foundation so my pores don't get clogged.

I use Yes to Carrots and Yes to Blueberries facial cleansers and moisturizers (all the products lines, Carrots, Blueberries, Cucumbers, Tomatoes are great!), and an Alba Organics cleanser. I have an allergy to lavender so I have to be careful to read ingredient labels, but my philosophy is that if it isn't tested on animals and only uses natural and organic ingredients it's going to be safe and gentle for my skin. Even during pregnancy I barely have any skin problems.
  • laurad1406
    Options
    at the risk of sounding like a crazy person....I love mary kay's skin care products. I use the gentle exfoliating cleanser 2 x's a day followed by the lotion, and the micro-dermabrasion set once a week....I rarely get a breakout, and I feel like my skin is glowing!

It can appear a bit pricey, but I have had a small moisturizer last me MONTHS, a little goes a long way.

oh, and i agree with the headband/sweatband! I use one right at my hairline and it helps forehead breakouts immensely!