Cycling

Are there any keen cyclists out there?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Yes!

You will find some of us here....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802220/july-2020-biking-cycling-bicycling-bike-bicycle-unicycle-tricycle-challenge/p1?new=1

And find more of us on Strava here....
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/179287

Notice that you are in Cornwall, what a lovely place to ride.
    (Had a cycling holiday there.)
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    Oooh. Thanks for the Strava club link. Have just added myself.
  • Reise_38
    Reise_38 Posts: 2 Member
    I was just looking to see if there were any cyclists too. There aren't any on the French forum :o

I added myself on the strava club, thanks Sijomial for the links.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Gah! Why are so many folks on Strava?! I've been resisting downloading the app, but my local cycling club uses it and now I find out there is an MFP club too?! Thanks @Sijomial - you may have finally convinced me to switch from MMR to Strava... I wonder if I can run both at the same time while cycling?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    Gah! Why are so many folks on Strava?! I've been resisting downloading the app, but my local cycling club uses it and now I find out there is an MFP club too?! Thanks @Sijomial - you may have finally convinced me to switch from MMR to Strava... I wonder if I can run both at the same time while cycling?
    @JustSomeEm

Strava have cornered the market! So much so they have recently felt comfortable pushing more of their features into the paid subscription service. Think you should be able to get a 3 month trial to see if the paid features are worth it to you.

Maybe both apps would both run at the same time, not tried as MM apps used to have a reputation for extremely exaggerated calorie estimates (which I believe they have addressed to a degree now).....

You can manually export rides and history from MMR and import to Strava but as far as I'm aware there isn't an official link to automatically upload MMR activities into Strava (unlike Garmin and many other apps that do integrate).
  • Hagensieker
    Hagensieker Posts: 25 Member
    I just started riding again. Trek FX2 with Little Big Ben tires and tricked out with lots of extras. I've been going through a fitness watch shakedown and playing with Strava and Garmin Connect and Rubitrack.

I like RubiTrack because it is YOURS. Software resident on your computer. That being said it gets its files by syncing with Strava and Garmin Connect and its own app to get stuff from your Apple phone or watch.

I like Strava but in the last couple of weeks its integration with Fitbit and Amazfit have been spotty at best.

I do like the segments in Strava as it makes me want to improve my segment times and work a little harder.

Probably should throw all this stuff away and just ride. LOL.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Yes!

You will find some of us here....
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802220/july-2020-biking-cycling-bicycling-bike-bicycle-unicycle-tricycle-challenge/p1?new=1

And find more of us on Strava here....
    https://www.strava.com/clubs/179287

Notice that you are in Cornwall, what a lovely place to ride.
    (Had a cycling holiday there.)

Yep ... as mentioned several of us are hiding out in the Challenges forum within the thread above. :)

And Strava too.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »

I'm a fan a Strava. I ride with a lot of groups so great way to connect after rides and remember names. I also like seeing my personal progress and improvements. However looks like I will have to pay for that going forward.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Of course there are lots of ladies who ride!!!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I guess you could say I dabble.

28614373308_6b98a27343_o_d.jpg
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I just started riding again. Trek FX2 with Little Big Ben tires and tricked out with lots of extras. I've been going through a fitness watch shakedown and playing with Strava and Garmin Connect and Rubitrack.

I like RubiTrack because it is YOURS. Software resident on your computer. That being said it gets its files by syncing with Strava and Garmin Connect and its own app to get stuff from your Apple phone or watch.

I like Strava but in the last couple of weeks its integration with Fitbit and Amazfit have been spotty at best.

I do like the segments in Strava as it makes me want to improve my segment times and work a little harder.

Probably should throw all this stuff away and just ride. LOL.

Bummer - Mac only. Thought you had given me a replacement for SportsTracks program now unsupported!

@conniedavidson703 :
    Some of us don't get a lake and mountain view but still out here plugging along with max around 300 ft elevation difference. :-)

@JustSomeEm - I still use Strava with uploaded Garmin rides, but not the family or friends rides. Don't even run the Strava app.
    For those that use it as their bike computer - does appear decent display on phone.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    I ride here and there. :)
  • iancity
    iancity Posts: 26 Member
    I ride more than I come on MFP to be honest, but that needs to change with recent BP readings! So expect me on here a bit more, but still out riding my bike when I can ;-)