Anyone want to “chit-chat”?

bdelaney33
bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
Almost 45. Married. Ontario Canada. Always fun to meet new people!

Replies

• colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    Hi i just startd with the app this week. I will get on the scale tomorrow. I think this is working well. I have been loging my food.
    I am also married.
  • bdelaney33
    logging the food I find is the most important. Incredible how many calories can be found in seemingly harmless foods.
  • upermohawk
    upermohawk Posts: 6 Member
    This is my 1st wk of MFP and I am really impressed with the logging food. I used to be eating throughout the whole day now I have been more tuned into only eating at meal and snack times. I'm loving this app. I've also been riding my bike just did 3 miles yesterday and it wasn't even an effort.
  • hbrookens
    hbrookens Posts: 20 Member
    I’m in my 3rd week and doing good so far. Logging my food helps so much. Down over 10 lbs so far. Married, kids; home life not so conducive to what I’m attempting to do. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • bdelaney33
    Down 10 already? That’s great. I’m into about 2 1/2 weeks and down only 5... have had some bbqs and bdays in that time where is been harder to discipline though.
    Keep it up!!
  • bdelaney33
    upermohawk wrote: »
    This is my 1st wk of MFP and I am really impressed with the logging food. I used to be eating throughout the whole day now I have been more tuned into only eating at meal and snack times. I'm loving this app. I've also been riding my bike just did 3 miles yesterday and it wasn't even an effort.

riding the bike is great! I've been going for walks in the morning (instead of the usual commute); and riding at night with the kids. The nice weather is a big help!
  • hbrookens
    @bdelaney33 Thanks! I found the end of second week into the third the hardest for me so far. And 5 pounds is a great start! I’m not getting too excited. It’s always easy for me in the beginning and I’d like to lose about 70 more😬
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    hbrookens wrote: »
    I’m in my 3rd week and doing good so far. Logging my food helps so much. Down over 10 lbs so far. Married, kids; home life not so conducive to what I’m attempting to do. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ooooo mine isn’t conducive either!!! Totally get that!

• hbrookens
    Totally not helpful but we just keep going👏🏼👍🏼
  • fitnessinmy30s
    fitnessinmy30s Posts: 377 Member
    hbrookens wrote: »
    Totally not helpful but we just keep going👏🏼👍🏼

Hahaha yes you absolutely nailed it 🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited June 2020
    Summer clothes really push you (me) to want to stay fit and not over eat. 😁

By the time winter comes, pff.

• bdelaney33
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Summer clothes really push you (me) to want to stay fit and not over eat. 😁

By the time winter comes, pff.

Lol good point. Thankfully fall/winter is only a few months Away!!
  • Theotherwhiteclint
    Theotherwhiteclint Posts: 341 Member
    bdelaney33 wrote: »
    logging the food I find is the most important. Incredible how many calories can be found in seemingly harmless foods.

I have my patients do this for short periods of time just to show them how easy we can overeat even if we think we are doing well with it
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 wrote: »

I have my patients do this for short periods of time just to show them how easy we can overeat even if we think we are doing well with it

Hey Clint; just curious why you have them only log for a short period of time? is there another method you use to limit portions? Thanks!
  • Theotherwhiteclint
    Theotherwhiteclint Posts: 341 Member
    Dang...I had a long response for this but I hit done before post reply. Send me a message and I'll get back to you on that
  • hbrookens
    @clintoncullins I’m curious, as well! I am definitely prey to “thinking” I’m doing pretty well until I actually start tracking it all🤷🏻‍♀️
  • bdelaney33
    Right. This bag of chips is telling me something different !! Lol
  • ElTriste1973
    ElTriste1973 Posts: 234 Member
    I am not a big fan of junk food or sweets. My downfall is large dinner portions. If I could control portion sizes I would do so much better. It is hard!.. I love working out and doing physical activities ... Anyone with the same problem?