Not sure how to approach this

Options
I got my dexa scan report today and my LBM is 80.44 lbs and body fat percentage is 26.2%

I am 109 lbs. If I aim to lose fat and not muscle but gain some, my treshold is very narrow since I have to work with not much bodyweight. LBM 3-4 lbs+ maximum and bodyfat 9-11 lbs loss maximum.

So basically my fitness goal or path is a slow cut of 1 year + with progressive overload. Dialing down the nutrition is going to be difficult most part.

I am hoping to not get frustrated or disappointed and stick to it. I will need a lot of patience and a good support system. Fingers crossed.

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? How tall are you?

26% is a healthy bf% for a woman. And you are a very low weight already. What do you hope to accomplish with a cut?
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @harper16 almost 5'2'', 157cm

@kimny72 my goal is to not have wider waist circumference and being leaner in general. I have started living in a hilly terrain and being heavier does not help.
  • the22ndwheel
    the22ndwheel Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I highly recommend seeing a doctor/physician or a trainer because of how narrow ur threshold is.... without one you will get frustrated unless you have a very decisive and positive mindset.
  • lucidchroma
    lucidchroma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    @the22ndwheel I have an appointment on 17th. I hope to get some good advice. For now I am supposed to log and find my maintenance calories and typical eating patterns which I am logging from 20th of last month.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    @harper16 almost 5'2'', 157cm

@kimny72 my goal is to not have wider waist circumference and being leaner in general. I have started living in a hilly terrain and being heavier does not help.

If you lose 9 lbs you will be underweight. I highly doubt you are too heavy to traverse hilly terrain at 5'2 109 lbs.

Is your waist measurement an unhealthy number or are you just not happy with how you look? It is likely that you could maintain your weight and focus on muscle building and fitness and improve your aesthetics far more than becoming aggressively lean.

Please discuss your weight and your plans with your doctor at your appointment, and please take good care of yourself.