HELP regarding water weight.

Hey guys! I have been wondering that what are the major reasons for water weight, but most importantly, are there any good tips for making it go away VERY quick that you guys know? Are these tips efficient from your own experience? How long does it take for water weight to go away?

Replies

• meharmahshahid
    meharmahshahid Posts: 107 Member
    harper16 wrote: »
    I don't care about water weight. I care about losing fat.

yes but it causes bloating and fatigue for me, making it hard to workout
  • TTopless
    TTopless Posts: 16 Member
    Take Vitamin B complex. It can have a diuretic effect.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    “The ideal percentage for adult women will fluctuate between 45 and 60%, while the ideal percentage for adult men will be between 50 and 65% of the total body. For the real athletic body types it is even recommended to have 5% more body water than the average adult range.”
    To reduce water weight, drink more water to help flush out any excess sodium that may be contributing to water retention. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Here’s the link for the above. Cannot get back into the Edit button.
    https://tanita.eu/help-guides/understanding-your-measurements/body-water/
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    water weight fluctuations are part of life, and especially if you're a woman. What causes water weight to go up? New workouts, hot weather, cold weather, moving less, drinking too little, workout out and not hydrating afterwards, menstruation, ovulation, traveling and especially air travel, moving too little, sitting behind a desk all day, a bit more salt, more carbs if eating low carb, and thousand other reasons. Plus the body seems to have a roughly 28 day cycle in which water weight goes full circle on top of all of that. It's normal. Everyone has this.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    I also have a water weight gain when I ovulate and premenstrually. I do have some bloating at ovulation, but this is due to my fibroids, and does not reduce my energy in the least, in fact, I'm a little more energetic.

Another cause of water weight gain for me is Chinese food, and if I'm bloated and fatigued afterwards, it's because I ate too much - nothing to be done about that but digest.
  • holly8312
    holly8312 Posts: 38 Member
    Drink more water, eat less salt
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    I'm pretty sure someone has recommended this link on your other threads. Either way, you should read it, because it is literally a comprehensive answer to the first part of your question:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

As far as getting rid of water weight, there are two scenarios:

1. A range of fluctuation in water weight is part of how a normal, healthy body behaves. You should not try to game or manipulate that, because it's unhealthy to do that. A healthy body knows what it's doing, in this regard, and should simply be allowed to get on with doing it.

2. Under certain disease conditions, water retention can be a symptom. If you think you may even remotely be in such circumstances, the appropriate thing is to see your doctor. If you have a health condition causing excessive water retention, then taking unprescribed remedies for it could be very dangerous.