6 kgs in 11 weeks

Options
threeyears2024
threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
edited July 2020 in Motivation and Support
I was 56.4 kgs on April 17th. I ate less food and lost 2kgs in the first 2 weeks. Another 0.55 kgs in the later weeks of the month. So, the first month, I lost 2.55 kgs. Then I watched a few youtube videos and learned a little bit about TDEE, calories and bought a weighing scale (food scale) and ate 1000-1500 depending on days of the week and started exercising from May 21st. Some weeks I lost, some weeks I gained. But by June, I lost another 2.05kgs. But this is the time I started screwing up. I was getting hangry, tired, and there were many binge days where I ate 4000+ calories, over exercised, felt I ruined everything and overate again. The last month was a disaster and I felt I was losing all control over my mental sanity. Even with binge eating and obviously over exercising onsome days, I lost another 1.5 kgs.

I am trying to break the cycle. The binge and restrict cycle needs to end and I need to find a balance. That is why I opened this MFP account. I was reading up on reddit of how supportive the community is and how useful it is to log food to be accountable. Wish me luck. I wish to overcome this.

Replies

• Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hey. You've got this. Lots of success stories on the forums - I found that a great source. I find I don't get the urge to binge if I make sure I eat enough calories and have enough calories for treats being normal. Yesterday I made a single serve cinnamon roll and really enjoyed it. The day before I had some dark chocolate etc... All planned into calories. An easy mistake is to eat too few calories and then you're so hungry you binge. You might need to slow down your goal depending on how much you've got to lose to make sure you have enough calories to avoid the binge cycle and to preserve muscle mass. You'll get there!
  • threeyears2024
    threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey. You've got this. Lots of success stories on the forums - I found that a great source. I find I don't get the urge to binge if I make sure I eat enough calories and have enough calories for treats being normal. Yesterday I made a single serve cinnamon roll and really enjoyed it. The day before I had some dark chocolate etc... All planned into calories. An easy mistake is to eat too few calories and then you're so hungry you binge. You might need to slow down your goal depending on how much you've got to lose to make sure you have enough calories to avoid the binge cycle and to preserve muscle mass. You'll get there!

Thank you. XD