New in town

Options
Hi, I'm new here (a convert from some other site). I've been using MFP for a week and I'm very happy with it. I started using computer tech to improve my health some time ago, but it never worked out for one reason or another. I would lose weight and then gain it back because I wasn't recording things on a regular basis. I eventually figured out that I need some major habit changes, and that's where the idea of computer use kicked into the proper gear. I've spent the past month playing with various sites and now I'm settled on MFP. I'm going to use MFP to better adjust my diet to fit my current fitness habits and to figure out how to lower fat from my diet. For the time being, I'm just trying to track things so that I have some data to work from. From there, I'll focus on the problem areas I see in the diet so that I can shed some fat. I'm also a new runner prepping for a half marathon. So far, running is hard as hell. I like the challenge, but I don't see myself as a marathon runner at the moment.

Replies

• caylre
    caylre Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    MFP is fantastic for getting you on the right track!! I'm super fastidious about tracking my calories. Before anything goes in my mouth, it goes into MFP first!