Weighing in

Replies

• emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Every single morning, before I eat but after I pee. If I slack on weigh-ins, I begin to gain.
  • sarebearr
    sarebearr Posts: 59 Member
    I used to weigh every morning, but am now weighing every week. That way I don't get hung up on day to day changes from water weight and such. Works for me! I lost 2.2 lbs this week and I'm sooo excited about it. I fear if I had weighed in every dayI wouldn't be as excited about such small changes.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,128 Member
    I weigh twice a week, in the a.m. So, I look at what I consider my tentative weight on Wed. and then see where it is on Friday or Saturday morning. It keeps me accountable in maintenance.
  • JenW70503
    JenW70503 Posts: 22 Member
    Every morning and every night. It keeps me on track.
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Every morning, on an empty bladder. I wear the same type of clothes every weigh-in: a tank top and athletic capris. I only officially log it on Sunday mornings, though. I like to see my weight every day, though, so I can see the fluctuations based on my food choices, the amount of water I drank, and exercise.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Every morning after peeing, and I have programmed a spreadsheet that calculates BMI and my weight in lbs and also draws me a graph! When I first started trying to lose weight I logged morning and evening, and even now I will often get on the scales before I go to bed, but I don't log that.
  • E_Val
    E_Val Posts: 27 Member
    I do weigh in once a month. Don't want to do it every week or every day. It just makes me upset.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Daily and sometimes before bed just so I can see what the difference is overnight. But I watch trends. Without clothes of course, and after bathroom.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    once a day in the morning, dont want 10 or 20 pounds to creep back on me like it has before.
  • m3lodym4ker
    m3lodym4ker Posts: 3 Member
    Daily because, like others have said, it helps me understand my body's patterns. But I also calculate a weekly average after Saturday weigh-in. I use that to make sure I'm meeting my weekly goals. I take measurements and pictures at end of each month.
  • jajenkins1978
    jajenkins1978 Posts: 24 Member
    I weigh once a week, on Sunday morning. Always before I eat or drink anything and on an empty bladder. I know that my weight fluctuates daily, so I don't want to get discouraged by seeing a higher number. That's why I way once a week. To me it's all about the final numbers on day # 7.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Daily, empty bladder (and bowels, if a movement happens there), naked. I use a trend weight app. I also belong to a weight loss challenge group here on MFP, my "official weigh-in" is on Sundays.
  • kedwards4267
    kedwards4267 Posts: 21 Member
    It is the second thing I do every morning. After years of not wanting to even step on the scale, it helps keep me motivated.
  • Dee1Lutz
    Dee1Lutz Posts: 1 Member
    Every morning, and then I track online the same day each week. So I can watch patterns daily, but see the bigger picture with the weekly tracking online.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Do you weigh yourself everyday? Once a week? Once a month?

I weigh daily, but I don't get emotionally tied to the result and know its not always going to show a drop. By weighing daily, I have a better understanding of what to expect based on my normal routine.

I have a Fitbit Aria scale, and that sends weighin data to Fitbit which is then sent to MFP. If I have a scenario where I expect the scale weight to be 'boosted' for a few days, such as for water weight gain for eating/drinking differently over the weekend, then I do sometimes choose to skip a day. Or I'll step on - to see the # - but not stay on long enough to let the # update to Fitbit. :)
  • Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Weekly, in the minority here. Some convincing opinions. I might switch....
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Every day, in the morning after the bathroom but before eating/drinking, wearing my watch and glasses. ;) I've done that, and noted the result, for well over a decade (except when I'm away from home), even when I wasn't trying to lose or maintain weight. I could tell you what I weighed six years ago last Tuesday. :lol:

It's just data, potentially useful data, about my body's momentary relationship with gravity. There's no reason to have any particular emotional reaction to it, there's no reason it will be some kind of Big Surprise. (I may be up 5 pounds, but I've seen that disappear overnight before, too, so if I didn't eat literally 17,500 calories over maintenance - which I would've noticed - there's no way it's fat, so why worry?).

More granular data is helpful for identifying trends, such as gaining, losing, maintaining. Trends can be important, but they're not just one day's scale weight.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Twice daily. After bathroom in the morning (sometimes before and after — just to get a sense of the water difference). Right before bed in the evening. I like to keep the difference between the morning and evening no more than 3 pounds.
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    Once a week. Every Saturday morning after I pee with no pants on. That’s my consistent weigh in. At one point I did weigh myself daily or at least 3x week just to see my fluctuations.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    I weight myself daily, every morning. I've done the weekly thing before but it always CRUSHES me if it's not what I was expecting/hoping for. I like seeing the pattern of my weight slowly going down. It's still frustrating when it doesn't seem to move though.