Looking for doppelgangers?

Finishiitnow
Finishiitnow Posts: 896 Member
edited June 2020 in Chit-Chat
Not too long ago someone send me a pic of a girl that looked exactly like me... Unfortunately she passed away about 2 years ago and I will never met her in person.
Her mommy was from Japan and her daddy was African American.
Surprisingly, my DNA test says that I am coming from China and Africa. I was born in Mx and my heritage is from Spain.
Have you met someone that looks like you from another part of the world?...

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Not too long ago someone send me a pic of a girl that looked exactly like me... Unfortunately she passed away about 2 years ago and I will never met her in person.
    Her mommy was from Japan and her daddy was African American.
    Surprisingly, my DNA test says that I am coming from China and Africa. I was born in Mx and my heritage is from Spain.
    Have you met someone that looks like you from another part of the world?...

I have not, but several other people swear up and down that they have met, seen or talked to someone who looks surprisingly like (or exactly like me). This happened a lot in the city I grew up around, but not in any of the locations I've lived since.

I suppose it might be possible given that I was adopted, know nothing of my biological "parents" and do not know if I have siblings or other relations that were still living in the area when I was there.

On the one hand, I always found the stories amusing when friends/family would tell me about it, on the other hand, it's a bit unnerving. A world of unknown possibilities, if you will.
  • Finishiitnow
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Why yes, I have right here on MFP. It’s amazing really the resemblance between us. If it wasn’t for the age difference, it would be impossible to tell us apart...

@lx1x 😇

It is amazing the things that this app brings. The person I was talking about on my post is my pal as well. I am sure I have another doppelganger somewhere in the world....
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Why yes, I have right here on MFP. It’s amazing really the resemblance between us. If it wasn’t for the age difference, it would be impossible to tell us apart...

@lx1x 😇

Your beard is way better
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »

@lx1x 😇

Your beard is way better

😂
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Here's my doppelgangertpvc0mu6uwk1.jpg

you win!
  • Finishiitnow
    Here's my doppelgangertpvc0mu6uwk1.jpg

Hahaha you are so funny! You really made me laugh. You're awesome.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    vi3irnns47vg.jpeg
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,366 Member
    Supposedly I was a dead ringer for a British actress 30 years ago.

My parents and I were flying back from a family funeral in the UK but they weren't able to get us three seats together so during the flight I walked back to chat with them. Afterwards my mum mentioned that the couple sitting next to them actually thought I was this celebrity woman and it took quite a bit to convince them that I was just their daughter.

Of course, neither of my parents remembered the name of this actress. :s
  • Finishiitnow
    xsk1k7pwibf2.jpg

Just saying! ;)

Phenomenal!
  • Yoshiboobs
    Yoshiboobs Posts: 1,090 Member
    Probably not the same thing but me and my sister got mistaken for each other all the time.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    This was my first thought awhile back. ^
    bkieg9nrwq0p.png

• denny_mac
    denny_mac Posts: 71 Member
    I've been told more than once that I look like Dr. Strange. And also Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman. Curious because these people don't look alike.
  • Finishiitnow
    eq7r8f3c3zyp.jpg

When I was younger I was told I looked like Shannon Doherty

nv4u897tunhz.jpg

Then...in my late 20s I was told I was the less attractive version of Katie holmes😂

You are so pretty!!!
  • Finishiitnow
    7c3mawnqwgc5.jpg
    I love Tina Turner. I wish I could have those hot legs.