Help needed?

Options
I started working out about a month ago. My main goal now is to shape my body as I didn’t really need to loose weight. My problem I have is my hip dips! People say you can’t get rid of them but I know you can make them look less noticeable! Can anyone recommend any good exercises to do this? Or just some tips very welcome! 😊

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Accepting it I would say. This is your body shape. Trying to train the muscle that covers this area is probably useless as it's not really a muscle you can train. Short of fat transplants there's probably not a lot you can do.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hip dips are largely genetic, and sometimes weight loss can minimize their appearance (it does for me) and you can build up areas with muscle (under the right conditions) but unfortunately you cannot change your bone structure.

Follow a progressive lifting program, with focus on the glutes (something like Strong Curves is good to start) or anything else that has you hitting the glutes regularly with hip thrusts, squats, deadlifts and other accessories
    See this link for a list of programs

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1