Last film you saw...

Replies

• This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Children of Men. 2006 sci fi/thriller. Brilliant

Enjoyed this movie. Depressing though
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Re-watched (for the Nth time) Pan/Faun's Labyrinth.

One day, I'll be a big boy and be able to watch it without crying.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Again,,,,,

lwqsf0eefshw.jpeg
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    How to Be Single. Such a fun rom-com
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    sloth2not wrote: »
    The Great Outdoors

I love this movie!
    I laugh so hard every time I see it.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    The Good Liar with Helen Mirren
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    The King of Staten Island

Way better than I originally thought.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    The Invisible Man (2020)
    This was finally made available to rent as a stream about 2-3 weeks ago. Worth the wait and a fun ending. In what I've seen thus far, Elisabeth Moss tends to play the same characters: victim revenge stories. I'm not mad at it.

Us (2019)
    This is very layered. Not horror, imho, but definitely a thinking person's thriller. I'm going to need to rewatch a few times as there are several social messages in there. Umm, Lupita Nyong'o is just one great actor. I like her range and the role choices she's made (although I've not seen her entire filmography). Elisabeth Moss was in this one too. And, yes, it was also a victim revenge type story (on one level).

Next up: Trying to find the time to watch the Ip Man franchise/universe...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    https://youtu.be/Go0GEMOOZus

I am David (2004) was a new to me movie that I really found to be great. It deals with a hard subject with a strong positive ending. I watched the last 5 minutes over and over for 8 times.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Flypaper it’s freakin’ hilarious
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    My Cousin Rachel starring Rachel Weisz (one of the most beautiful actresses out there IMO).

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    I saw Emma over the weekend. It was much better than I anticipated.
  • fstrickl
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

The Anna Taylor Joy one? Sooo good! I love me a good period piece. The wit is cutting and everything so charming.
  • fstrickl
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The Invisible Man (2020)
    This was finally made available to rent as a stream about 2-3 weeks ago. Worth the wait and a fun ending. In what I've seen thus far, Elisabeth Moss tends to play the same characters: victim revenge stories. I'm not mad at it.

Us (2019)
    This is very layered. Not horror, imho, but definitely a thinking person's thriller. I'm going to need to rewatch a few times as there are several social messages in there. Umm, Lupita Nyong'o is just one great actor. I like her range and the role choices she's made (although I've not seen her entire filmography). Elisabeth Moss was in this one too. And, yes, it was also a victim revenge type story (on one level).

Next up: Trying to find the time to watch the Ip Man franchise/universe...

Invisible Man is on my to watch list!

I saw Us last year and wouldn’t mind seeing it again. I agree with you it’s not really a horror film in the traditional sense. Maybe just horror in what it shows humans are capable of? But yes hands down Lupita Nyong’o is amazing! She was incredible in that film. It was quite a brilliant film. I think people missed the mark with it thinking it was a horror film.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »

The Anna Taylor Joy one? Sooo good! I love me a good period piece. The wit is cutting and everything so charming.

Anne Taylor from this year, it was great. I thought all the characters were portrayed very well and it was funny and witty.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl wrote: »

Anne Taylor from this year, it was great. I thought all the characters were portrayed very well and it was funny and witty.

Indeed! It was great. And art for the movie (like the poster and promo stuff) is done by an amazing illustrator Carson Ellis (who happens to be the wife of the lead singer from the Decemberists). So much my hipster heart loves about that film.
  • Dancer0515
    Dancer0515 Posts: 69 Member
    My last film was call Ophiela!! Im onsessed with period dramas.. let alone Shakespeare!
  • rojo3826
    rojo3826 Posts: 6 Member
    We started a Marvel marathon, so just finished Captain America Winter Soldier.
  • balkanone
    balkanone Posts: 7 Member
    The Hateful Eight
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    rojo3826 wrote: »
    We started a Marvel marathon, so just finished Captain America Winter Soldier.

We’re binging “Agents if SHIELD”. I want to rewatch Avengers to get grounded in the back story.