Eating calories back

Options
Do you guys eat your calories back ? So far I have lost weight by never eating my calories back. But I have been getting some suggestions to eat them back. What are you guys’ opinion ? Does it affect weight loss or how does that work ?

Replies

• Jacq_qui
    Jacq_qui Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    So up until a few months ago I never ate them back. I decided to try it after reading quite a lot about it on here, and I hadn't lost any weight for three or four weeks at that point. I gave it three weeks to see what would happen. The first week the scales didn't move at all really, but weeks 2 and 3 saw me lose. I don't eat all of my exercise calories back, although that is usually because I have left it too late in the day to catch up. I think I am more honest and meticulous about logging everything now.
  • lukew11
    lukew11 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Normally I dont, Your calorie deficit will be smaller if you eat back your calories, In turn that will slow your progress. If I ever do eat my calories back I usually go with 1/2 of what it says just for a margin or error.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I only eat back cardio. Not usually all of them.

BUT it depends on your lifestyle setting. It's all interconnected.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Based on the foods that I enjoy eating, without exercising, I go over almost every day. I exercise so that I actually HAVE a deficit, and because I’m trying to be healthier and not look like a toothpick should I ever achieve my target weight. I eat back SOME of my calories, but definitely not ALL. And if I know for example, that I want something special that is high in calories, I do extra cardio so I can still lose weight.