Ladies, do you gain weight during your time of the month?

Options
It that time of the month for me and weighed myself today and gained 5 pounds!!!! Is that normal bc of bloating? Do you gain when you are on your period?

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I do but usually 1-2 lbs.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    For the love of goodness and all things holy..

YES you can gain on your period. YES it goes away right after. Nothing to worry about.. keep drinking water and you'll be ok.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yep, mostly 1-2 pounds sometimes up to 4. It goes away!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options

YES you can gain on your period. YES it goes away right after. Nothing to worry about.. keep drinking water and you'll be ok.

LOL! I commented on one of these earlier. It surprises me how many women ask this. Of course you can retain water during that time. Drink extra water to flush out the excess and you will be back to normal in a few days. :)
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    YES! I gain five pounds every month. ALWAYS. then it goes away.
  • rachyz88
    rachyz88 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yepp like 2 pounds! It sucks....and not only do I gain but it stays the same no matter what I eat! So If im bein super healthy I still weigh more. Dont worry too much :)
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I usually gain a couple pounds too. Last month it was 4 so we will see how this month goes. It does go away though and for me drinking more water doesn't help during that time because I retain water sooo easily! It goes straight to my feet! You will be good and happy to see the scale when its over :)
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Wait are you serious...I know this and Im a guy...How long have you been having a period? when you feel bloated its because you are... Its water weight.

Seriously ladies how do you not know this?

I know the search here in the forums sucks but there is probably another one of these 5 posts down!
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    Yep, the wonders of being a woman :grumble:
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    searchy search. its normal.
  • mislmar
    mislmar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes it is normal, I actually gained 9 pounds this month but have lost all of it back plus 2 extra pounds so don't let it bother you and drink plenty of water like every one else says. It helps a lot!! :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Nope. I lose most during TOM. It's usually the week that I try my hardest at sticking to plan and working out, because I know what will happen otherwise.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I used to. It ended when I went Primal (Primal Blueprint). In the beginning of Primal, though, I would give in to my junk carb cravings and binge resulting in water retention BEFORE my cycle and then it would go away the first day or two - once I lost interest in junk food - so I would actually drop weight once I started.

Each month the junk carb cravings fade a little more so less retention. And I get no water retention during the entire week. I've actually dropped body fat during.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Wait are you serious...I know this and Im a guy...How long have you been having a period? when you feel bloated its because you are... Its water weight.

Seriously ladies how do you not know this?

I know the search here in the forums sucks but there is probably another one of these 5 posts down!

LOL!!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    It that time of the month for me and weighed myself today and gained 5 pounds!!!! Is that normal bc of bloating? Do you gain when you are on your period?

I used to have major water weight gain until I went low carb (Paleo) and cut out the grains and legumes (mostly the grains). Grains have an inflammatory effect on many, many people that manifests in different ways.