5’2 175lb- want to loose 40lb

Options
2»

Replies

• fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, learning that part of this forum thing is to favourite the threads I want to remain to be a part of. Hah. Looks like there’s some new folks so just reiterating my diary is open feel free to add me 😊. So we’re at the end of the first day of the first fill week of July. How are we feeling? I agree with @Peppermint88 that small goals are great!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ugh - weighed myself this morning and OMG. I chose not to do much working out after baby to ensure I had a healthy milk supply, but I should have been watching what I ate. Even if I wasn't working out I should have kept weighing myself so at least I knew where I stood. I am now heavier than when I was pregnant.

I need to lose more than 40 lbs, but that is a good goal by Christmas. Hopefully more if I really buckle down. I'm definitely tired of "club quarantine" but I might be glad that I won't have to see many people this year lol. By the time I see people I can just pretend like I didn't completely let myself go this last year ;)
  • jeannemil
    jeannemil Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'3" here. Got on the scale this morning. First time in a long time. Not pleased. I have definitely found some quarantine pounds. I was working out during my lunch breaks at work and that is what kept me motivated. Well they closed the gym in March and are in no hurry to reopen. It really was my only chance to work out. I hope we can keep each other motivated. I know if I put my mind to it I can lose 40# by the new year.
  • robynmac5414
    robynmac5414 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    37 years old, and I’m 5’2.5”. On April 21st, I started at 190lbs, currently at 160 lbs. Three years ago I went from 183 to 123lbs in 6 months but I got super stressed with things going on in my life and put it all back on and then some. I would love more friends to support and be supported.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    37 years old, and I’m 5’2.5”. On April 21st, I started at 190lbs, currently at 160 lbs. Three years ago I went from 183 to 123lbs in 6 months but I got super stressed with things going on in my life and put it all back on and then some. I would love more friends to support and be supported.

Good job! That's a nice weight loss in a short amount of time (both times!) - other than MFP what did you do?
  • robynmac5414
    Options

Good job! That's a nice weight loss in a short amount of time (both times!) - other than MFP what did you do?

I’ve been walking daily, slowly adding running in(2/3 times a week) to change things up, I’ve also started adding biking. I weigh my food. I try not to eat all of my exercise calories. I’ve been eating at a 2lb a week weight loss but now that I’m getting close to first goal and at a much more comfortable weight I’m going to start doing closer to 1lb loss a week and maybe throw in a maintenance week a month. Last time I did the same thing basically, but did a lot more running, elliptical, stair tread climber.
  • robynmac5414
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I will say I like running more than walking but this go round I’m trying to do more walking, staying in fat loss heart rate zone. Running is very hard on the joints and such, and this go round I’ve had issues. I’ll probably from here on out only run two times a week, maybe three every once in a while just to get some cardiovascular workout. My husband recently got the bike and I’ve used it twice now. I like changing up what muscles I use. Strength training is not my favorite, mainly because I don’t like going to a gym (like I literally hate driving to a gym and none are close to me) and I get bored. I like being outdoors and I hate having to count reps and such. I know it would be really good for me. Until I have my own set up, I’ll probably only do body weight exercises and very sporadically. I just don’t enjoy it.
  • Peppermint88
    Peppermint88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Ugh - weighed myself this morning and OMG. I chose not to do much working out after baby to ensure I had a healthy milk supply, but I should have been watching what I ate. Even if I wasn't working out I should have kept weighing myself so at least I knew where I stood. I am now heavier than when I was pregnant.

I need to lose more than 40 lbs, but that is a good goal by Christmas. Hopefully more if I really buckle down. I'm definitely tired of "club quarantine" but I might be glad that I won't have to see many people this year lol. By the time I see people I can just pretend like I didn't completely let myself go this last year ;)

Don’t worry you aren’t alone, I’m heavier than I was during my pregnancy too which is mad! We plan to have another baby next year so I want to be in good shape before that, maintain it during it and then not have another mountain to climb afterwards.
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Don’t worry you aren’t alone, I’m heavier than I was during my pregnancy too which is mad! We plan to have another baby next year so I want to be in good shape before that, maintain it during it and then not have another mountain to climb afterwards.

Same! I'm not getting any younger, and we'd like to try for another one (ideally next year). But I don't want to start a new pregnancy at this weight. I know I probably won't reach my absolute goal weight before trying again - long story short I had a late term loss prior to this pregnancy so I was already up 20 lbs from that..not knowing what caused it my doc wanted me to take it extremely easy during this pregnancy so I was inactive. I then gained about 15-20 lbs during my successful pregnancy so up 40lbs in total. So 40 lbs will at least tackle the pregnancy weight! If I lose more by Christmas great, but I'll be fine to focus on the "life" pounds when I'm completely done with pregnancy.

• motivatedsister
    Options
    How are y'all doing? I'm down almost 8 lbs thus far (thank you water weight for that jump start lol). I started morning walks this AM. I read somewhere that after Jessica Simpson's last pregnancy one of the things her trainer had her do was walk 14k steps a day. She did other things so it can't all be contributed to walking, but she lost 100 lbs in 6 months.

I get nowhere near 14k steps a day; I struggle to hit 10k (before starting in earnest 2 weeks ago I averaged probably 6k...now up to around 8k)! So I'm working to increase my steps by adding in the morning walks. Once our Peloton bike arrives I'm planning on doing that in the morning, but in the meantime I'm gonna walk. I'm hoping by adding in a morning walk I can get my steps over 10k consistently. I've got a little less than a month until the bike is supposed to arrive, so we'll see what the added steps will do. I've got about 14 lbs until Onederland...I'd love to knock off as much of that as possible before the bike arrives. I think that will keep my motivation high once the bike arrives.
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    How are y'all doing? I'm down almost 8 lbs thus far (thank you water weight for that jump start lol). I started morning walks this AM. I read somewhere that after Jessica Simpson's last pregnancy one of the things her trainer had her do was walk 14k steps a day. She did other things so it can't all be contributed to walking, but she lost 100 lbs in 6 months.

I’m trying to add more walking into my day as well. Since WFH my step count is so low. I used to get about 11K a day and now I’m around 7K 😬. Better step it up for July to help shed some lbs.

Enjoy your bike!

• robynmac5414
    Options
    Since July 8th, I’ve lost a few more pounds, down from 160 to 156.2 lbs. I was really happy with my last run on Saturday(treadmill, interval) and tomorrow is a run day. I’ve had to use the treadmill a few days in a row and I miss being outdoors. It’s just been so hot even at 6 AM. I hope the weather allows me to be outside for tomorrow’s run. I was so desperate for an outdoor sweat session that I braved walking between rain storms this AM and ended up very wet. At least it was cool though, I can not handle any heat.

That’s so exciting you are getting a peloton! Great job on you 8lbs!! I’m terrible about getting steps throughout the day but my long morning walks (4-5 miles usually) are a majority of my steps. Which isn’t very good. Do any of you have a watch that yells at you when you’ve been sedentary too long? Mine is always screaming at me.... and I have been trying to be more mindful of when it tells me I need to get up and move, I take a quick walk around the house and up and down our stairs. Maybe this will help someone else. :-)
  • joyneville253
    joyneville253 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Add me too! ive Lost 135 lbs but still have more to loose. Accountability is always helpful😘 we can motivate each other!
    ❤ joy neville
  • saltysparkle
    saltysparkle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm 5'1" and started at 177 this winter. I'm at 163 now. GW=120
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Do any of you have a watch that yells at you when you’ve been sedentary too long? Mine is always screaming at me.... and I have been trying to be more mindful of when it tells me I need to get up and move, I take a quick walk around the house and up and down our stairs. Maybe this will help someone else. :-)

I do. And honestly if I'm at work, sometimes I'll look at it and ignore it. I need to stop that! It just buzzed at me...up I go!
  • tnh2o
    tnh2o Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3" and weigh 155. 130 is a good weight for me. 2 years ago I weighed 175 and lost 25 but 5 have crept back. As everyone who has lost any weight knows, even losing a few pounds makes you feel sooooo much better.
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1” and weigh 169. I started at 176. I’ve lost 7. I admire everyone who’s getting so many steps in. I get about 3,500k in my walks. I want to get more. I probably do but I only have my phone to track it and don’t carry my phone with me all day. I’m glad I’m losing though. All the best!
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m 5’1 And weight is 194 , and I’m 50 years old. My goal weight is 170 I’d be glad to be at 180 to start
  • motivatedsister
    Options
    Just checking in here....I'm down another 1.8 lbs this week. I'm down 10.7 lbs since restarting on July 13th. I don't think I can see any difference physically yet, but I am already seeing some health benefits. MY RHR is down, and I spend a lot of time on my knees with my kiddo and it's definitely less painful than it was 10 lbs ago!

Sure I wanna look good, but ultimately my kid is only 1 and I want to be able to handle any adventure that he'd like to take on as he grows comfortably.