Favorite fast food

Options
When I’m looking for something lower calorie either the chili from Wendy’s or grilled nuggets from chic fil a even blackened chickened tenders from Popeyes.

If I’m going all out, fries from McDonald’s lol

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Probably Panda Express for me. Orange chicken and veggie side. 560 calories for single orange chicken, 870 for double.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I really like McDonald's breakfast... egg McMuffin (ham) with a hash brown and coffee. Plus I feel good after and it isn't a salt/calorie overload. Even just the coffee at this point, I'm good with that.
  • Clive_1963
    Clive_1963 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Good old English Fish n chips with mushy peas and curry then add loads of salt and vinegar.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. A few tacos won’t ruin my calories for the day but the hard part is not ordering all the rest of the things I want.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I like fast casual like Qdoba or Chipotle. Gimme a burrito and make it big!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I really like McDonald's breakfast... egg McMuffin (ham) with a hash brown and coffee. Plus I feel good after and it isn't a salt/calorie overload. Even just the coffee at this point, I'm good with that.

Yes! Love an Egg McMuffin with a hash brown and a black coffee. It used to be my guilty pleasure after volunteering on a Sunday morning.
  • tequierosince06
    tequierosince06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

Yes! Love an Egg McMuffin with a hash brown and a black coffee. It used to be my guilty pleasure after volunteering on a Sunday morning.

I 2nd this. My fav is sausage mc muffin & their hot cakes arent bad. Not better than ihop but they will do (esp when on a family vacation & trying to find a quick breakfast before starting the day. Its hard finding fast food breakfast for a 5year old). No other fast food pancakes taste remotely as good.

But besides breakfast I will go w Panda Express. They have some good low calorie options like String Bean Chicken which is something in the 200range that I get w mixed vegetables or brown rice (I usually only eat half the rice).

Power menu from taco bell has most protein without 1000 calories

Jack in the box pita I think is lowest cal option. I enjoy salads from McDonalds and wendys. Jack in the box isnt bad either. Salads from burger king are pathetic.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

I get mine with no cheese and bacon instead of Canadian ham.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    taco bell steak taco + large diet pepsi :)
  • thelastnightingale
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Oh, but the cheese makes it a McMuffin! I've actually made my own version of an Egg McMuffin at home during lockdown... first a copy, then an adaptation. I found it was a lot of faff cooking a circular egg and have switched to scrambled egg instead.

Shop bought versions of the plastic cheese are only 50 calories a slice (34 calories if you can find the reduced fat version) and they make anything feel like a takeaway. Totally worth it.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    taco bell steak taco + large diet pepsi :)

its rare for me these days...maybe only 2x a year - but I'm with you on Taco Bell... 5 hard tacos! (2 hot sauce each...) ummm mmmm.... (same order since high school!) lol
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Pancheros- Steak Burrito extra black beans, extra rice, Pico, roasted corn, fajita vegetables, salsa verde cheese, and extra salsa verde. It's the size of a small baby, and totally worth fasting the next day for the calories (once a month).
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell. A few tacos won’t ruin my calories for the day but the hard part is not ordering all the rest of the things I want.

And Taco Bell is one of the lowest sodium fast foods chains so bonus points there.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    MommaGemz wrote: »

And Taco Bell is one of the lowest sodium fast foods chains so bonus points there.

And it's so open to customization. I usually add extra protein and/or fiber (beans), and ditch the rice and at least one of the multiple fats sources typically included (cheese + 1 or 2 fat-based sauces + sour cream).
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is my go to. The calories to macros ratio can't be beat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

I don't know why but I love that processed cheese with it. I am a huge cheese fanatic too (hello pecorino and burrata <3 ), but the Kraft single on an egg with ham just gets me!
  • madds2
    madds2 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like that you can ask for an egg McMuffin with no butter and make it a healthier choice.
  • thelastnightingale
    Options
    I don't know why but I love that processed cheese with it. I am a huge cheese fanatic too (hello pecorino and burrata <3 ), but the Kraft single on an egg with ham just gets me!

I love proper cheese too - as well as the plastic McDonald's cheese. I don't know if it's actually nice, or if it just tastes of my childhood!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

We go to McDonald’s for breakfast frequently now because of Covid. Breakfast was always our meal for going out. Egg McMuffin is always my choice. I would prefer it with no cheese and subbing bacon for Canadian bacon. I didn’t know you could sub things. Good to know.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Cookout tray with double burger, double onion rings, and Coke Zero. Comes to about 650, which is pretty darn reasonable.