Peloton for Running

Options
So I've been using the peloton app while running on my treadmill for the last few months. I find I like having a guided run at various speeds/inclines vs just running at a consistent pace, but curious if there are other apps out there at free/lower cost to use? Would be really interested in anything that works with a Samsung Watch?

Replies

• swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Do you like the app because there's an instructor chatting up, motivating you, and telling you when to increase the speed/incline? If so, there should be able to find youtube treadmill workouts. Here's a 30 minute HIIT treadmill workout, for example. Not sure if it's good or not - i just did a quick search. I'm a cyclist and I use various youtube cycling interval workouts of various length and time.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Man, am I tempted to get one of these things! I know that their primary product is the bike but they also have a treadmill.

I've heard from another friend, who bought the bike, that the Peloton running workouts are a really great additional feature: fun indoors or outdoors. He said he uses it with a flat course, such as around our local reservoir. Then he can speed up and slow down whenever instructed.

Anyway, if you have access to the Peloton App, why would you use anything else?
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Zwift came out with a Running version last year and they are supposed to come out with a Rowing version in a few weeks. The disadvantage from what I'm gathering is that Peloton could be used indoor or outdoor. Zwift is simply indoor only. Plus you have to buy the compatible items, but I'm sure you have to do that with Peloton as well.

I would think Zwift would be a fun workout when runners are forced inside in the Winter or when it's too hot to run.

https://www.zwift.com/run

IMHO, Peloton and Zwift are both light years ahead of anyone else in terms of interactive apps.