Lost My Best Friend...

Options
2»

Replies

• Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss :( I love all animals & especially our pets. We treat them as if they are a part of the family. That is to say if they have staked out your favorite chair, well your outta luck buddy lol. Some friends & family don't understand this but they are just not close animal lovers such as us. They are not pets, they truely are family & will be treated as such. Our cat "Pixie" was a feral cat we found abandoned one morning And she has been such a great cat! She's always there up early in the morning to play & meet us & she likes to play peek-a-boo behind doors & do all the crazy things that cats do. We almost lost her to kidney disease early this year as she is up there in years (about 16 human years) & I was devasted at the thought of losing her. She recovered nicely but we know eventually her day will come & I already know it's not gonna be easy at all for any of us. I hope you find solace in the fact that you were also your friends best friend and that even though he's gone, he's still lives on with in you.
    Take care my friend.
  • Hunskers
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!! Losing your family, friend, confidant, is difficult but he gave you strength to get through so many obstacles before and his memory will continue to give you strengh!

A donation to my local Humane Society will be on it's way in Mayer's memory.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about Mayer. They are indeed family. We see them each day, care for them, and they give so much love and friendship back to us. It is so hard to lose them that's for sure. You gave Mayer your love and it sounds like he gave it back. That is just so wonderful to hear. It sounds like you meant the world to him and he did to you. Maybe not right now but in time the pain will lessen and I hope you are able to adopt another sweet dog from the shelter. They need us as much as we need them. It sounds like you are a sweet person who understands the true meaning of man's best friend.
    As bad as it feels right now just know that it does get better. I didn't think it would but it does. Just keep that in your head.:)
    Take care.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about that. I have been through this a couple of times, and it SUCKS.

You will never be able to replace him, but I have found the best healing is creating a bond with a new shelter pup.
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I cannot get over how much your baby looks like one of mine. I have a white boxer that is my heart and soul. My heart breaks for you and i hope you pain eases day by day. My dogs are my family and I cannot imagine what you are going through. I have to agree with other people....all of that love you have cannot go 'unclaimed' for a future pet.
    God Speed your broken heart,
  • 3rotties
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I had to put my dog down last year and I have to say it was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I miss her everyday and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. PLease don't let anyone downplay or doubt your hard time. I had people judge me for feeling so bad, but I knew in my heart she was just like my own child. Pets are precious and sometimes the endings are bittersweet. Good luck and may your days improve with each tear.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! :(