what types of exercises do you do?

Options

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I walk, do the recumbent bike (I love it!) & then just weights for upper body & crunches for the pot! I also go to Curves 3 times a week. I love that, too.
  • jenne1951
    Options
    Hey ya'll thers are os many exercises you can do I'm a Fitness Coach for Beach Body , tell me alittle about yourself and I'll try to help you and anyone I can.
    Right now I'm P90X
    JG
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    thanks for all of those, I am looking for some new workouts, I get bored very easy, so I am going to try some of those, I don't have room for a treadmill though:cry:

I have a subscription to netflix, if you get bored easy you can rent one dvd for a while then return it for a different new one, I also get bored easy so im starting with walk away the pounds then im going to change it up with the biggest loser dvd's. they have just about everyone you have heard of.... and some you havent.... that make an interesting read either way.

edit: i also work do stretches and some core building exerciese on the ball with resist bands if possible. i cant do high impact dude to health issues.
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    also, when we spoke with the nexflix people they said you can keep them "as long as you want" so for me that will be like 2 maybe 3 weeks then back to the place.
    we pay 14 bucks a month for it we can have 2 dvds at a time on the plan that we are on, there are cheaper... and more expensive plans out there not to mention maybe you can rent those ones that secretly teach you how to "dance " hehe for that special someone!

edit: also GAH i have so much to say, there are some you can watch instantly off your computer(if its in a common area like mine id work out near it anyway) to see if you like it or just to change things up, not all dvds come that format but there are some :smile: Also im not trying to sell it , i just like how it is, lots of variety and if most people are like me they cant go buying every dvd that claims it works, this way u can test he waters some
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Running distances, sprints, plyometrics, weight training, volleyball, basketball, pilates, and a little yoga.
  • steppie71
    steppie71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm an exercise dvd addict. The absolute best I've found so far are the Jari Love series. Get Ripped 1000 is amazing. It might be a little difficult for a beginner, but work up to it! You can burn as much as 1000 calories in a one hour workout. She does interval training with short bursts of cardio in between weight lifting sets. It's upbeat and fun so you don't get bored and i started to see results within a couple weeks. I'm also very into the new Firm series of workout dvd's. I have a bunch of them to vary my workouts so i don't get tired of them. The cardio dance infusion is so fun and the bootcamp and kettle bell work outs are great too. The Jilian Michaels biggest winner dvd series are also very good workouts but since they are only a half hour i usually run on the treadmill for a half hour after or do them when i don't have much time. Hope this helps!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I walk, do the recumbent bike (I love it!) & then just weights for upper body & crunches for the pot! I also go to Curves 3 times a week. I love that, too.
    [/quote

you sound just like me.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Hey ya'll thers are os many exercises you can do I'm a Fitness Coach for Beach Body , tell me alittle about yourself and I'll try to help you and anyone I can.
    Right now I'm P90X
    JG

well, I am very out of shape right now so I am not into alot of high impact exercises right now. I have a stationary bike, and I have a Walk Away The Pounds with Water Weights by Leslie Sansone, and a walk slim by Leslie Sansone, some Denise Austin videos but I get bored really quick. I am a walker, I love to get outside to walk but right now it is too cold, I used to walk 4-5 miles a day when I was in shape and younger, I am trying to work back up to that, I also used to play basketball every day weather permitting, but I haven't played basketball in years. I would love to do that again. I love to do low impact aerobics. Do you know of any good low impact exercise videos? I don't get out very much, I have 2 small kids, ages 31/2 and 19 months old. Thanks for your help in advance.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I'm an exercise dvd addict. The absolute best I've found so far are the Jari Love series. Get Ripped 1000 is amazing. It might be a little difficult for a beginner, but work up to it! You can burn as much as 1000 calories in a one hour workout. She does interval training with short bursts of cardio in between weight lifting sets. It's upbeat and fun so you don't get bored and i started to see results within a couple weeks. I'm also very into the new Firm series of workout dvd's. I have a bunch of them to vary my workouts so i don't get tired of them. The cardio dance infusion is so fun and the bootcamp and kettle bell work outs are great too. The Jilian Michaels biggest winner dvd series are also very good workouts but since they are only a half hour i usually run on the treadmill for a half hour after or do them when i don't have much time. Hope this helps!

yes, it helps, thanks
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    also, when we spoke with the nexflix people they said you can keep them "as long as you want" so for me that will be like 2 maybe 3 weeks then back to the place.
    we pay 14 bucks a month for it we can have 2 dvds at a time on the plan that we are on, there are cheaper... and more expensive plans out there not to mention maybe you can rent those ones that secretly teach you how to "dance " hehe for that special someone!

edit: also GAH i have so much to say, there are some you can watch instantly off your computer(if its in a common area like mine id work out near it anyway) to see if you like it or just to change things up, not all dvds come that format but there are some :smile: Also im not trying to sell it , i just like how it is, lots of variety and if most people are like me they cant go buying every dvd that claims it works, this way u can test he waters some

thanks , that helps alot.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    thanks for all of those, I am looking for some new workouts, I get bored very easy, so I am going to try some of those, I don't have room for a treadmill though:cry:

I have a subscription to netflix, if you get bored easy you can rent one dvd for a while then return it for a different new one, I also get bored easy so im starting with walk away the pounds then im going to change it up with the biggest loser dvd's. they have just about everyone you have heard of.... and some you havent.... that make an interesting read either way.

edit: i also work do stretches and some core building exerciese on the ball with resist bands if possible. i cant do high impact dude to health issues.

I am so out of shape, I don't do high impact right now. but I like all the suggestions you added, thank you so much.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I walk 4.5 miles a day outside. I plan to buy a walk away the pounds set tonight. I also want to buy a bike in the next few weeks and start cycling every day. We moved from NE Ohio to Texas around a year ago and let me tell you I LOVE TEXAS WEATHER! I have been walking outside since January. We have the air conditioner on now. Cindy
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    Options
    I do 30-40 minutes of the Gider Machine It's like skying!!
    Then I dance for 30 minutes to Dance music, anything I act like a fool, but the kids love it...
    Then I do 50 sit ups, & my leg work....
    :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I walk 4.5 miles a day outside. I plan to buy a walk away the pounds set tonight. I also want to buy a bike in the next few weeks and start cycling every day. We moved from NE Ohio to Texas around a year ago and let me tell you I LOVE TEXAS WEATHER! I have been walking outside since January. We have the air conditioner on now. Cindy

I wish the weather was like that here. I love walking!!!!!!!!!!
  • skearns
    skearns Posts: 16
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home - Walk Away Your Waistline! I usually do this workout three times a week. The whole thing takes just under an hour and you "walk" three miles.

It's not just walking in place, there are kicks and knee lifts, etc. Plus, there are strength training moves with an elastic band belt that really helps pump up the work out. I got it through Amazon and they had a deal where the belt was included with the DVD.

Great for someone who has not worked out in a while, but it really gets you moving. It has really increased my stamina and I've dropped inches off my tummy and hips. Yesterday, I hiked just over 5 miles, which I could not have done before I started working out to this CD.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I really like Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home - Walk Away Your Waistline! I usually do this workout three times a week. The whole thing takes just under an hour and you "walk" three miles.

It's not just walking in place, there are kicks and knee lifts, etc. Plus, there are strength training moves with an elastic band belt that really helps pump up the work out. I got it through Amazon and they had a deal where the belt was included with the DVD.

Great for someone who has not worked out in a while, but it really gets you moving. It has really increased my stamina and I've dropped inches off my tummy and hips. Yesterday, I hiked just over 5 miles, which I could not have done before I started working out to this CD.

Thanks so much, sounds great
  • sara1027
    sara1027 Posts: 59
    Options
    If you like the walking videos try the 5 mile challenge. Yogas for beginners is a good one, too.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    If you like the walking videos try the 5 mile challenge. Yogas for beginners is a good one, too.

that sounds great. Thanks
  • imcrystal
    imcrystal Posts: 21
    Options
    Lauramg - I think I have tried them all...and Turbo Jam by far is my favorite. It can be low intensity or high intensity. It's fun and I am always shocked how quickly the time flies. It's my personal favorite!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Right now can't exercise, hurt my back

Regular Routine consist of:
    P90X Lean program 6 days
    The Bean 6 days - substitue for P90X AB Ripper X (Back Problems)
    On day 7 I either do the P90X stretch or Yoga (Rodney Yee)

On the days I can't do the P90X due to time or pain I walk on my TreadClimber for 60 min