Chocolate

Options
After dinner I like to have something sweet so I usually have a square of Ghiradelli. I prefer dark chocolate but all kinds are good. I’ve tried Dove and a few of the other grocery store brands but was wondering if anyone had a favorite type of chocolate I could try. I’m willing to order it online and will pay a little more if it’s worth it.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I love the Dove dark chocolate Promises. I eat one or two almost every day. I'm a cheap date :lol:
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I really like After Eight mint chocolates, I'll have one or two squares when I feel like something sweet.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I love Chocolove XOXOX! Such good flavors, especially the dark chocolate almond, and the dark chocolate salted caramel.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    I really like After Eight mint chocolates, I'll have one or two squares when I feel like something sweet.

I forgot about those. I haven’t had those in ages!
  • fstrickl
    fstrickl Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    It’s a bit more expensive, but I like the Lindt 70-85% dark chocolate. Two squares a day is a lovely post lunch treat for me. Sometimes I eat it with a date for some extra sweetness.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I lack the self control to just have a couple of squares so swapped to chocolate fudge Fibre One bars instead, at 100cals I find them a good substitute.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Lindt excellence either the salted caramel or the Hazelnut and Cranberry one. Omg so good. I can really happily have a couple of squares and slowly nibble because they are so rich.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The only chocolate I eat is the 95% Lindt dark. I’m not sure they make it anymore as I haven’t bought any for over a year (not a huge sweet tooth obviously 😂) but it was fantastic.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I try craft chocolate whenever I see it. We only have a couple of places where I live but some cities now have dozens. Fun to see it made right there also.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I like Lindt dark chocolate bars. They have an orange one that’s good. And the darker the better, imo. (and yes they do still sell the 95% dark that someone above mentioned). I like to stick my chocolate bars in the freezer, I can’t say why but I just think they taste better!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    rmt87vwrmy4n.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Did someone mention chocolate????
    I am not one who can simply indulge in A piece and call it good. *A* bag maybe.... It's all or nothing for me. :(
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Did someone mention chocolate????
    I am not one who can simply indulge in A piece and call it good. *A* bag maybe.... It's all or nothing for me. :(

Have you tried dark chocolate? I find it much harder to stop with milk chocolate but with dark I can easily stop after a couple of squares
  • srkuhlman3
    srkuhlman3 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    If you have an Aldi near you, the Moser Roth chocolate bars are amazing, and I actually prefer them to Lindt (and they're cheaper!). I like dark chocolate and get 70% or 85%, but there are several other varieties. They are also portioned up nicely.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    The Trader Joe's Belgium chocolate is also excellent. The gigantic "Pound Plus" bars are a great deal, but you must be able to moderate your consumption or you will be in big trouble!

My 2nd choice is Chocolove, which is carried in my local supermarket. Not bad at all!