Birth Control = One Onrey Girl

Options
2»

Replies

• KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I've been on a bunch of different pills and now I'm on Nuvaring. I hated all the pills but I was on Ortho the longest. I think that's because I just got tired of switching though. Then it got too expensive for me and I got on Nuvaring. Just whatever you do, never ever, even if you think it's a good idea, never get on Nuvaring. It's the worst thing ever. I'm just too scared to go off it because I'm afraid of what my pd's could be (I've been on BC since I was 16 and my pd's before BC were HORRIBLE), and I'm too scared to switch because I'm afraid of weight gain.

BC sucks.
  • kathied41
    Options
    I was on that in my 20's and in 2 months I gained 20 pounds and was nasty.[according to my mom and hubby]
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Just do some jumping jacks after the naughty dance and you wont need bc.

yea and there's always this option ^

That sounds messy!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Just do some jumping jacks after the naughty dance and you wont need bc.

yea and there's always this option ^

That sounds messy!!!

Hahahahaha

Ortho Tri-Cyclin made me gain a TON of weight. I switched to Mirena and while it has its downsides (seriously effed up cycles and such - makes me miss knowing I'm going to get my period every four weeks, on Wednesday at noon - no joke) overall it's nice to not have to worry about taking a pill every day.
  • jessicas082409
    jessicas082409 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    LOL I have tried them all and they all turn me into the wicked witch of the west! Implanon, ortho tri(and regular) cyclen and Yaz were the worst. I actually ended up with heart palpitations, weight gain and a bunch of other fun stuff while on them. I pretty much just regulate my cycles now and stay away from BC.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm on Lutera and I have been a psycho b-word lately. I'm thinking once my year is up (which is soon) I'm going to go to a different doctor and try and get a different prescription, though I was told that what I'm on has the lowest dose of estrogen? Aye yi yi!
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! This helps a lot and I am sooooo happy I am not the only one out there with this problem. :laugh:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    You are all so pretty and doing so well! Is that a new hairdo? It's SO flattering! *Puts large box of chocolates on floor and pushes them toward the crowd* And those shoes! OMG! SEXY!! How much weight HAVE you lost? *backing slowly towards door* Well, girl, you look amazing! Is that a new outfit too? OOOOOH! tres fantastique! *Bolts for the door!!*
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    that stuff made me INSANE!! Im usually laid back and nothing really riles me up. I was a hormonal mess on it! I have Mirena now.... no TOM and no babies and Im sane. Bonus! haha
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    that stuff made me INSANE!! Im usually laid back and nothing really riles me up. I was a hormonal mess on it! I have Mirena now.... no TOM and no babies and Im sane. Bonus! haha

Ugh, you're lucky. I'll go 3-4 months with no TOM, then I'll get it for 2 weeks, then the next month again for 2 weeks, then spotting. Then the cycle repeats itself. It's sooooo annoying.
  • livnlite
    Options
    So I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclen in June and have noticed a major mood change. I am more irritable, not my same happy self and my boyfriend has even noticed. I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problems?

LOL Maybe that's what makes it so effective?

Cranky = Not tonight.