Friends!

Options
Hey! My name is Fay, and am 30 years old and live in Canada. I’m currently on a postpartum weight loss and fitness journey. Had my daughter 10 months ago, and started training at 6 weeks postpartum. I’m looking for like minded people who love the gym or are on a weight loss journey in general! I need some inspiration and I can give you support! Lol! I’m not new to My fitness pal, I’m on a 256 day streak I believe, but I am new to the community and not sure how to work everything yet! I love ‘meeting’ new people! I would love to be re inspired to continue working on my goals. If you want to be ‘friends’ that’s awesome! I may need someone to show me how to use this app 🙈

Replies

• chief7844
    chief7844 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would love to add you but cannot figure out how to do so. I'm 51 days into my second go-round with MFP. 11.6# down and another 34-44 to go. I'm in Arkansas, and yes, I do say 'y'all' 😇 and poke fun at myself. I work with many Canadians from Vancouver to Nova Scotia and Great Slave and Whitehorse on past Hudson Bay. I've worked with my friends there since 1996. And I'm a mouthy grandpa. LOL. If you can clue me how to add (should you want), I'd be delighted to make another friend.
  • Faylisa11
    Faylisa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    chief7844 wrote: »
    Would love to add you but cannot figure out how to do so. I'm 51 days into my second go-round with MFP. 11.6# down and another 34-44 to go. I'm in Arkansas, and yes, I do say 'y'all' 😇 and poke fun at myself. I work with many Canadians from Vancouver to Nova Scotia and Great Slave and Whitehorse on past Hudson Bay. I've worked with my friends there since 1996. And I'm a mouthy grandpa. LOL. If you can clue me how to add (should you want), I'd be delighted to make another friend.

Hello!! Thank you for responding 😊 it’s so nice to ‘meet’ you! O congrats! 51 days is a solid chunk of time. Consistency is key to success. It took me about 100 different diets to figure that one out 😳🙄 😂
    O how funny! I love the ‘ya’ll’, reminds me of Dallas the tv show. 😂 I love the accent, as it’s so the opposite of me, and something I have hardly heard in real life so it fascinates me 😂 😂 I am English, born in Essex, (I make fun of myself too 😂) moved to Canada 10 years ago. I figured out how to add friends so friend request has been sent! 😃😄
  • chief7844
    chief7844 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Fay! I'm delighted to aee your original reply to my friend request (finally!)... I'm still groping in the dark here on MFP... and I NOW see you're from Essex! I think that is great! My father-in-law was from England as well - his parents were Irish extraction, Red was born in Wales and raised in London. His older brother, Ted, was killed in WWI. He was a pilot and was shot down over France. Red was 26 when WW2 broke out - too old to join, but a German bomb destroyed the courthouse where his documents were stored, so he lied about his age and joined the RAF. He fought in the Battle of Britain, then was sent to Saskatchewan to train other pilots from 42-44, met a lady named Yvonne who was a newspaper editor in Bismarck, ND and married her, then was sent back to Britain in 45. He came back in 1946, was an electrical engineer for multiple companies building power plants in the US and Mexico, had two daughters and I married one. I promptly fell in love with the English accent. Someday, perhaps we will actually talk and I can amuse you with my 'southern accent' while you delight me with your 'non-accent' (because, you know, the English gave the language to us yanks - what we've done with it is completely our own darned fault! 😂😂 Anyway it's a delight to read your self introduction finally, though it took me two weeks ri find it!