14lbs down in 7/8 weeks!

BigMamaLynsey
BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
Doing intermittent fasting (IF) so basically I'm skipping breakfast calories and using them in my dinner instead as that's the hardest time of day for me (hunger & cravings wise) I won't have nothing but water after my last meal (5pm) until the morning ill have food between (12pm & 5pm) that's my eating window. But I do break the fast about 10am with a cup of tea. I still choose to have high carbs because those are my favourite foods, I love my potatoes mashed, roasted, boiled and lots of versions of pasta! LOL 😆 yummy. Doing this I do NOT get bored of my dinner as I cannot stand healthy salady type foods much.

I have swapped to smaller plates & adding extra veg. Cut all junk food (burgers, chips, cakes, sweets, chocolate etc) and doing some exercise each day.

I do not calorie count, I used to in the past and it works well but I wanted to try this time without, and it worked for me so far

My appetite had decreased, I'm feeling more full after meals which is really weird as nothing filled me before, I'm more energetic, my cravings have gone, and I see a difference in the mirror! I have a lot more to lose yet (around 70ish lbs I think)

Very proud of myself for sticking to it so far! Welcome to add me :)

Replies

• kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Congratulations and welcome to the magic of intermittent fasting. I don't know if you have done this yet, but the thing that helped me most with maintaining the IF life is to learn all I can about it. Fast Feast Repeat by Gin Stephens. The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. Watching Dr. Sten Ekberg on YouTube. Soak it all in. It's backed by science and there is much more research going on in the field.
  • BigMamaLynsey
    BigMamaLynsey Posts: 390 Member
    Thanks! I will definitely watch that, I only know little bits really. I want to do it for life and hoping I can do it right and in a way I'll enjoy it and its good for me at the same time :)
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    You are doing great! I also IF but I still try to get 3 meals in (although I am usually not hungry for breakfast). So, I don't eat after dinner (no later than 8pm and I don't eat my first meal the next day until noon or 1pm. Late afternoon is when I usually have my cravings and want to eat, so this way I can eat lunch around 3:30 and then dinner around 7pm. I also still eat carbs (mainly pasta and rice and some bread) because I am a really picky eater and don't like any cooked veggies and am limited on my raw veggies. For some reason, I think it is the texture, most cooked veggies cause me to gag. I did give up the junk food though so I am noticing a difference.

I have PCOS so eating carbs still is a very bad thing for me to do as my body can't process them like a person without PCOS so my weight loss is slow. I am counting calories eating around 1200-1300 on days with no exercise and then eating the extra 400-600 calories on top of that the other days in the week when I exercise and burned that many calories. Usually my exercise is 3-4 days a week with 30-45 minutes a day of cardio/circuit training/boxing, type of workouts. I am only down 35 pounds so far (20 of those pounds are in the past 12 weeks but I have fallen off the bandwagon a couple of times these past 3 months and set myself back a good week each time) and I still have about 130 pounds more to go. I did this once before (but without doing the IF) many years ago and lost 80 pounds in the first year but that was before I had PCOS and I was only 40 at the time; where now I am pushing closer to the dreaded menopause at 48 years old.

Keep of the great work and be proud of yourself! You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!