Anyone over 400lbs?

I find it’s a whole different ball game when you have so much to lose. Definitely different fitness challenges and overall just more difficult.

Replies

• KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    While all people face different challenges we all have the same goal, over coming them and passing them. The way to do that is not to make it harder then it needs to be.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Join the group larger losers. We are all currently or started very large with a lot to loose. This is the most supportive group of people I have found in here!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Was....
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I find it’s a whole different ball game when you have so much to lose. Definitely different fitness challenges and overall just more difficult.

I would suggest talking to @NovusDies . He runs the larger loser group and is a nice guy. Not going to tell you how much he had lost, he is kind of private , but it is impressive.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Hi! In December 2019, I could not safely have a surgery that I desperately need because it was unsafe to put me under anesthesia. I weighed 435 lbs. I started cutting back some, and by March had lost 15lbs. When Covid hit, I got serious, because frankly, I was scared of dying. As of this morning, I have lost 69lbs.

Whether you have to lose 1lbs or 100lbs or 250lbs, the process is still the same. Log your calories. Move as much as you can. Drink your water. Trust the process. The time is still going to pass whether you are working toward your goals or not.

When I started, could barely walk 100yards without my back hurting and getting winded. This morning I walked 4 miles and feel great. It didn't happen overnight, but it would not have happened without taking the first few steps.

You can do this. Sending love and light!

That’s awesome, congrats! Yes, I’m completely freaked out by Covid because of my weight. Working on it but it doesn’t happen overnight!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Here's a link to the Larger Losers group mentioned above: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers