Getting upset

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    8 lbs in 4 weeks is 2 lbs per week and you call that nothing?!? If you were gaining 2 lbs per week would it still seem like nothing? You are losing at a very good rate. I'm not sure how much you have to lose and I certainly don't want to discourage you but you'll like see that rate slow rather than rise as you get closer to a healthy weight.
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with that weight loss. Remember muscle weighs more that fat! Are you taking your measurements? Also, are you eating your calories? You have to eat to lose or you go into starvation mode. You can also workout too much! Your electolytes will get all mixed up and keep you from loosing.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    8lbs is a great loss and def track your measurments. Burning off fat and building muscle with screw with the number on the scale...muscle 5lbs of muscle is half the size of 5lbs of fat.

Be proud of the fact you're being proactive and that you're losing weight.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you are doing great. A healthy glow is gorgeous; you risk looking haggard if you lose too fast (not a good look!). I was stuck on a plateau at the beginning weight-wise, but my body was tightening up so I was shrinking in terms of measurements. I just kept at it (after hearing from everybody on MFP that it was fine), then sure enough, after a while I started losing consistently.
  • cullenshirley
    cullenshirley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! that is great! 8lbs.... you are not doing anything wrong your weight is going in the right direction and at a healthy rate.
    Keep up the good work. Remember we didn't gain our weight over night it was over time. It takes time to loose it so it stays off.
  • jerrybaker59
    Options
    My trainer took my measurements and I lost 2" in my bust, 4" in my waist, 2"in my hips and 2" in my biceps and things.
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    I hope I do as well this month! Congratulations....your doing it the right way. Slow and steady wins THIS race.

Also, make sure you eat enough. If you are excessively exercising and not eating enough, your body will rebel and start storing fat. I also found (on my last go around) that drinking water helped fluid retention. This showed on the scales.

Others have suggested looking at measurements, I agree. Take encouragement from your efforts by looking at ALL aspects of losing weight and changing your lifestyle.

Here's hoping to another succesful month for you! *Cheers*
  • Melaniemj
    Melaniemj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    and remember mucsle weighs more than fat
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    My trainer took my measurements and I lost 2" in my bust, 4" in my waist, 2"in my hips and 2" in my biceps and things.

Which adds up to... Woo hoo! 8 lbs gone and inches lost!!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    8lbs is NOT nothing, 8lbs is 2lbs a week lost which is a healthy amount. Plus you lost inches.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Welcome to real life, not the Biggest Loser!
    That's a safe and healthy amount of weight to lose in a month.
    To keep it going like that make sure you keep eating well (ie. eat enough healthy food to fuel your body for all that exercise), drink plenty of water, mix up your exercise sometimes, give yourself rests days... and you'll get there, it just takes time!