Do you plan or wing it?

Options
2»

Replies

• papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm a wing it girl. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast but after that I have a few things on hand and whatever I feel like for lunch or dinner I'll make. For example, the last two night I had eggs. My plan was to make ham sandwiches but on the way home eggs sounded better..

Every time I pre log a meal I always change it on the fly. Every. single. time.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I usually pre-log the entire day the night before. But I'm one of those weird, odd creatures that likes to eat a lot of the same things day after day. I'll go through waves where I rotate a handful of things and then remove or add something to that rotation as i get tired of something. But eventually that item works itself right back into the rotation at some point though, and the cycle continues. Lol.
  • RenoBA
    RenoBA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a two-week rotating meal plan, my breakfast, lunch and dinner are fixed and I can swap and change the snacks between days depending on how I feel.
    I find having a fixed meal plan really helps me stick to it because I know what meal is coming and I know what I have to eat, less likely I will go off the rails
    I am also starting to get confident with eating out on occasions, I can identify foods that will be in line with my goals and make educated decisions on what I am eating.
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I mostly plan because I’m only eating one meal a day and I have a family to cook for. So I buy groceries and plan out dinners. But there are also a couple nights a week, usually weekends, when we just wing it and pick up something from a restaurant.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I plan, I know what I'm eating tomorrow but I leave 200-300 calories open to whims.
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I wing it, I’ve always found that if I plan ahead I’m 100% not going to want to eat what I’ve planned when the time comes.

I don’t eat breakfast, never have. Lunch is varied around a few vague templates - depending on what I have to use up. Usually between 150 - 250 cals.

Sometimes I’ll grab some fruit before starting to cook dinner for the family. I’m vegetarian so it suits me to cater separately. Generally, I’ll go the fruit route if their meal involves cheese as the fruit helps me to resist nibbling! If it’s a more meat based dish I’m not tempted! 😂

Then a couple of hours after I’ve cleared up I’ll start to cook for myself. This means I’m eating around 8:30pm which leaves no room for feeling ‘snacky’ before bed.

How much effort I put into my dinner varies but it generally comes in anywhere between 350 - 450 cals. Add a glass of red wine and I’m done for the day.

Based on this post you're not eating enough food!😲
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don’t plan the calories per se but evening meals are planned out for the week during shopping as we have a family to cater for.
    I tend to have the same breakfast each day - either toast with butter or I’ll have a pack of breakfast bars/biscuits to hand. Lunch’s are on the fly and I just pack a few things until it hits between 5-600 cals depending on what the evening meal plan is (pretty good at estimating the likely calorie total of meals now 😂)
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I usually plan out what I'm going have the next day at least the night before. Then when the next day actually comes, sometimes I change my mind and something else sounds better. In those cases I change my diary before I eat so I can make sure it still fits into my calorie day/doesn't have a big impact on what else I can eat that day.
  • Hanibanani2020
    Hanibanani2020 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I eat relatively the same thing every day so it’s easy. Sometimes I substitute if I feel like it or I bank calories for a special meal but otherwise it’s pretty same ol’ same ol’
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I’m a wing it sort of girl which works in favour for me mentally but not as good physically. What I’ve started to do is meal prep some meat kebabs and fish cakes in the freezer and some home made frozen veg packets all weighed and portioned out. I still prefer fresh foods so it’s only good when I’ve run out of fresh food. I make yummy simple meals like stirfry veg and fish, oats, roast veg, pasta, quinoa, eggs etc so it’s easier to track the calories of the food. I’ve also bought some yoghurt pots which I can have with seeds and fruit for a quick snack/mini meal.