Popcorn - An Open Letter

2»

Replies

• bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member
    breefoshee wrote: »
    bdelaney33 wrote: »
    who doesn’t love popcorn. Also. That is some pretty evil cut eye above me!! Lol
    Sharing is caring!!!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Lol I’ll make you some popcorn!! Best ever!
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    I struggle with logging popcorn! How many calories would be in a standard bag of buttered popcorn? (I usually buy Kroger brand)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Plain air popped popcorn is only 31 cals per cup and 8 cups (a big bowl full) is only 248 cals.

That's the most that I'll eat in 1 sitting when I'm in the mood for popcorn and I recently bought 5# of popcorn kernals. So, I have a long way to go before I need to buy any more popcorn.

LOL! ;)
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Not quite organized enough yet to use my microwave popper, but I do like the Lesser Evil bagged popcorn made with coconut oil and saIt. It seems just right to me, not too much oil.

Living Intentions has an obscenely good vegan cheesy popcorn. They call it something like MCT Cheeze Please. The MCT is just for medium chain triglycerides, from the coconut oil. Sigh. Why be mysterious?

I bag half ounce servings of plain or flavored popcorn into zip sandwich bags and that prevents me from eating the whole bag at once and also keeps it all fresher for a very long time, so I can't tell myself I have to eat it up before it goes stale. I figure half an ounce of anything is ok. Besides, it has fiber and some protein ...

Also half an ounce is plenty to help me swallow a bunch of pills. While getting 2.5g fiber, of course.
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 190 Member
    So for people who just airpop popcorn, what do you do? Do you salt it? I love the salt but I find it doesn't actually "stick" to the popcorn if that makes sense. I would love some guidance because i do love popcorn and have subbed it in for potato chips (huge difference in calories - can have so much more popcorn than a measly 30 grams of chips). share how you do it and help a girl out?
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited July 2020
    So for people who just airpop popcorn, what do you do? Do you salt it? I love the salt but I find it doesn't actually "stick" to the popcorn if that makes sense. I would love some guidance because i do love popcorn and have subbed it in for potato chips (huge difference in calories - can have so much more popcorn than a measly 30 grams of chips). share how you do it and help a girl out?

I spray a little pam in the pan and when its popped dust it with powdered salt, not fine. It works fine. 60g of Orvilles popcorn and no oil. Just the right amount.
  • bdelaney33
    bdelaney33 Posts: 150 Member

Airpop; but add the butter after - then salt. It’s great!!