MAPS Anabolic Reviews?

Options
Wondering if anyone has any feedback on this? Just started today. It seems to lack legs and I may just add an additional hypertrophy leg day.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. What's it all about, what made you decide to run it?
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just listen to the mindpump guys a lot. It doesn’t have much legs tbh but I already have some good leg definition.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Mindpump ...sounds cool I'll have to look it up.

If it's a program you think you'll enjoy go for it! I always overanalyze a program when I first start or I try to modify the crap out of it. Now I'm starting to learn to trust the program (especially if I trust the professional that put it together) and try my best to stick with it with the equipment I have.
  • dloewen17
    dloewen17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Mindpump. I listen to those guys all the time. I’ve been curious to try MAPS Anabolic. You’ll have to report back after a week or so and let us know how you like it.
  • alexmose
    Options
    dloewen17 wrote: »
    I love Mindpump. I listen to those guys all the time. I’ve been curious to try MAPS Anabolic. You’ll have to report back after a week or so and let us know how you like it.

Will do. Remind me to revive this thread if I forget :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    All of their products are great and well programmed. I have several including anabolic. I'd wait until it was on sale since they typically run 50% off promos every month. I think this month is Strong.
  • alexmose
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    All of their products are great and well programmed. I have several including anabolic. I'd wait until it was on sale since they typically run 50% off promos every month. I think this month is Strong.

Anabolic thoughts? Results?
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at program as of yet.

That being said, why not just use a program that is more tailored to your needs e.g.,exposures, volume, average intensity instead of changing up a more generic template that is hit or miss with the masses?

I can see if it was a program that was sequelled to a successful response of another previous program, but assuming you paid for program...there more than likely is better ROI on your money.

Just curious. Hope your training is on.
  • alexmose
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I haven't looked at program as of yet.

That being said, why not just use a program that is more tailored to your needs e.g.,exposures, volume, average intensity instead of changing up a more generic template that is hit or miss with the masses?

I can see if it was a program that was sequelled to a successful response of another previous program, but assuming you paid for program...there more than likely is better ROI on your money.

Just curious. Hope your training is on.

Thanks for the questions. I have been doing PHUL for 2 years and just wanted to change it up. I don't think I could commit to training more than 4 days/week at the gym so was just looking for 3/day full body workouts. This seemed like a fun one, plus I listen to the Mindpump podcast so much.
  • pevin7015
    pevin7015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started MAPS anabolic in Jan 2022, I’m currently on my 3rd cycle of the program.

I went from 110KG to 85 in my first cycle.

2nd cycle 85kg - 90kg. I’ve been consuming 4,000-3,000 calories a day, my strength has gone through the roof, dead lifts 60kg - 140kg, squat 60kg - 100kg, bench press 50kg - 100kg…….

Prior to running the program I was only able to consume 1,800 - 1,500 calories a day any more and I’d gain weight instantly.

My sleep, confidence, energy and happiness levels have never been so good.

Deffo give the program a go.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Seems a bit pricey and sounds like a little bit of snake oil ("adaptation potential" and "trigger sessions"). They talk about making sure your "progress doesn't plateau," which is pretty hard to do running a well-established progressive overload program, (5x5, All-Pros, etc.) and they're more than sufficient as a base, but you can always add accessory lifts if you want. They also talk about doing efficient exercises to maximize your muscle growth, then show people doing shoulder shrugs, Arnold presses, and situps, which would all fall very low on the list of accessories I'd consider valuable to add to a full body workout. It will probably work if you stick to it, but so will other free programs which-if done correctly-should provide superior results.