In regards to a woman's monthly visitor....men beware!!

Options
I have had a really good week (lost 7.1), going on week two of clean eating and feeling great. It is completely true that once you cut out the bad carbs, sugars and processed foods you won't crave them anymore. However, next week I will be PMS'ing and I am real scared about staying on track during that week. I have been treating weight loss differently this time, of course, like most of us, I have tried and tried to lose weight and I always fall back into bad habits. I want to view this time differently, as if I am a pilot headed towards a destination and nothing can deter me from that destination.

Does anyone have any advice on how to reject the urges that come with that pesky, monthly friend : )

Replies

• ehensarling17
    ehensarling17 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just stay strong and focused on your goals! You can do it!! Keep your eye on the prize and you should be able to stay on track.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Maybe try replacing what you are craving with a healthier substitute and don't just eat something because you think you will crave it (my former mindset). Try fruit if you crave sweet, veggies if you crave crunchy or a small portion of dark chocolate if you crave chocolate. Also try taking vitamins for the next week to prevent any deficiencies that might lead to cravings. Good luck.
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    keep gum around. i find it so much easier to resist cravings when i have gum in my mouth. stay focused!
  • Aubryleigh
    Options
    Curious to hear what others are doing...I too have crazy cravings. Apple pie and bread n butter pickles? What gives? :-)
  • farmingfool
    Options
    I'm struggling with that myself. Just keep in mind that you may gain weight on those special weeks due to water retention. Don't be too discouraged when this happens.
  • hockeymom180
    hockeymom180 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I found that my monthly food urges were greatly reduced this month and I'm assuming it's from exercising and eating right. There was one day where I felt like a bottomless pit so I made a point of exercising a little extra, counting carefully, and letting myself indulge in a plate of spaghetti with a couple of Laughing Cow wedges melted in. It was nice.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    If you have an urge you don't think you can control, log on to MFP for support. By the time you sit down, post a message on the board, read/reply to some responses, your urge should have passed. Even if you have to do it several times it's OK, because that's what MFP is for. Good Luck!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Exercise and lots of water! PMS will be way more manageable and all the water will keep your appetite in check.
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Curious to hear what others are doing...I too have crazy cravings. Apple pie and bread n butter pickles? What gives? :-)

In regards to your Apple Pie craving, I found the perfect gum for you!!! It's made by Wrigleys Dessert Delights.....Apple Pie, it honestly tastes like apple pie. LOL :drinker:
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I try to replace it with other options.
    I crave pizza and bread :/
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Dont reject it. You know I set up for that time. Like my biggest thing is of course chocolate, carbs and sweetness.... So I got a pint of half baked by B&J and some other goodies and specifically measured out a serving when a craving hit. That way I was not limiting myself. As this is not a diet its a lifestyle change, so dont cut yourself off... just use moderation. You'd be surprised how quickly that will cause you to not have the cravings and you'll not even notice.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Seasonale! Only three TOM a year...the ONLY way to live :) Ya know...assuming you're not trying to get preggers or something. Totally worth it
  • beckj33
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your advice!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

That was WAY grosser than talking about cravings
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options

That was WAY grosser than talking about cravings

but it is oh so very true!!
  • beckj33
    Options
    I was just asking about cravings...I have no idea why I had to read that.

Thanks anyway.
  • Aubryleigh
    Options
    Thanks!