1200 calorie from today. New here

Options
2»

Replies

• Lavenderpixies
    Lavenderpixies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm at week 4 now and things are definitely getting easier. @lacatgirl I always have a morning and afternoon snack and that definitely helps. Roughly my calories are divided up as 200 breakfast, 150 morning snack, 200 lunch, 150 afternoon snack, 500 dinner.
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Daily check in -did fairly well today - just over by 50 calories - Hope everyone is well!
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! 5'2" here. Lost almost 90lbs three years ago and gained half of it back. Disgusting! Oh well. It is what it is. I was eating at 1540 but going nowhere so I dropped down this week to 1450. We'll see how that goes for awhile.

@lacatgirl , is that a painting of yours? It is very beautiful.
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    tuddy315 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! 5'2" here. Lost almost 90lbs three years ago and gained half of it back. Disgusting! Oh well. It is what it is. I was eating at 1540 but going nowhere so I dropped down this week to 1450. We'll see how that goes for awhile.

Yes, it is- thank you!

I know how you feel - I lost 40 lbs a few years ago, still had 20 to go. But here I am back up 20. It is amazing how easy it is to gain and how hard it is to lose!
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi. I’m also on 1200 calories a day. That was what MFP calculated based on my goals. I found that it isn’t that hard to keep within that. I hope I continue to feel this way.
  • threeyears2024
    threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, sadly (not sad at all) I am transitioning to 1400 calories. I have joined a gym, Toronto based. And I was suggested to do a body recompositon or a very slow cut. My maintenance calorie is 1340 according to most of the online calculators and 1420 according to MFP. Since I am going to walk 5000 steps, will do 3x a week strength training and 3x a week slow steady cardio, I have decided to eat 1400 for four weeks to see what it does to my body.

Here are my starting stats.
    Height : 4'11''
    Weight : 109.6 lbs
    Bust : 35.5
    Waist : 29.5
    Belly Button : 31.8
    Lower Belly Pooch : 34.2
    Hips : 35
    Thighs : 21.5 and 21.8
    Arms : 10.5 and 11
    Neck : 12.5
    Shoulder : 15.6

I hope you all are smashing your goals this week. Sunday is almost here.
  • threeyears2024
    threeyears2024 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    lacatgirl wrote: »
    tuddy315 wrote: »

Yes, it is- thank you!

I know how you feel - I lost 40 lbs a few years ago, still had 20 to go. But here I am back up 20. It is amazing how easy it is to gain and how hard it is to lose!

Want to see more of your painting girl. XD
  • dawkson2017
    dawkson2017 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know, I’m a lifetime WW member, just seems to suck taters when the scale gives u grief in the beginning.... BTY this site is awesome all the perks of WW online and none of the fees!!!!! They fail to tell u u may have gain lifetime status in WW but u still gotta pay. Did loose 65 lbs in the 80’s Love your cat

Im a ww lifer, too.... back in 1992 when I shed 12 kg. Then stopped going to meetings. I then tracked nutrition with Calorie K, but I find MFP better.
    I gained a couple back on since then..... Since Lockdown v1 in March, I have shed 5kg to be 2 kg under my 1992 weight.
    I remember a few WW sayings..... "Nothing tastes as good as.... being thin feels" and
    "You can have a piece of cake.....just not the whole cake"....
    I hadnt realised that some people eat the Whole cake! It was an eyeopener for me.
    Keep safe......now in Lockdown v2.... :(
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I was down again today! This is the most successful week I've had in a long, long time! Last time I did MFP I joined a challenge which really backfired...I just do not do well with pressure. Im like a little kid, I rebel lol!

Im impressed by you WW lifetime members! I went to WW but always quit before getting to my goal.

What surprises me is how little I have to go off a diet to not lose or to gain! This week I have kept it very close to 1200 but over the past year I felt as if I were eating around the same amount but clearly those little extras made a huge difference. It is the journaling that works for me.

I really have to figure out a way to exercise - next week I teach an outdoor painting camp which definitely will strenuous as we hike to a painting place carrying a ton of stuff. Now we will be doing it with masks and social distancing so it should be interesting!

Tomorrow is my official WI day so I will see how I did for the week.
  • lacatgirl
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi All,
    So ended up down 3.2 this week to 176lbs - I am please with this. Only 31lbs to go lol!

Today did pretty well - haven't snacked at all so lots of calories left for dinner! I developed a sore throat yesterday so I was panicky all day over covid but it seems to have cleared up so hopefully it was just allergies. What a stressful time!

Hope everyone is well...
  • Lavenderpixies
    Lavenderpixies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well done on this week's weigh in @lacatgirl

I managed to do a couple of long steep walks this weekend so had extra calories to 'eat back'. Today was the end of the first full month and I'm feeling much healthier with more energy, although I have a long way to go!
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Hi All,
    I taught outdoor painting camp in 90 degrees today. On the positive side, I had to hike in and out so have a few more calories today!

It will be an exhausting week but I am committed to checking in and journaling!

Have a good night!
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Hi All,
    So I sent up a bit the last two days and have realized that I cannot "eat" my exercise calories. If I do I gain. So, going forward I will not even enter any exercise so it is not added into my remaining calories!

Did pretty well today...stayed close to my goal. I made chocolate covered strawberries for a treat...not too high in calories - let's see if I can keep it to two.

Have a good night all!
  • Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Can you not just change the settings so the exercise calories don’t count as extra calories to eat?
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Hi all, I am not sure about that - changing the exercise setting - ill look into it.

I am very frustrated. This always happens. I start dieting - lose well week one - week two gain back a lb and then go up and down 4 ounces each day even though I am exercising and staying within my points. I don't know what to do- it is like my body immediately adjusts and shuts my metabolism down. Very very frustrating!

I journaled today and will keep doing so and hope for the best. Maybe I need to go to 1000 calories a day. Ugh.
  • Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    5'2" and on a 1200 daily calorie intake too. I'm actually having a hard time hitting the 1200 though. I have been doing 8/16 IF and where that is great structure for me I am still falling below my goal calories.
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    5'2" and on a 1200 daily calorie intake too. I'm actually having a hard time hitting the 1200 though. I have been doing 8/16 IF and where that is great structure for me I am still falling below my goal calories.

Hi- what is 8/18 IF? I am confused...I never have trouble meeting the 1200 goal - or surpassing lol!
  • tuddy315
    Options
    8/16 Intermittent Fasting meaning you eat in an 8 hour window and fast for 16 hours. I have tried this but it did not work well with my working schedule. I could not find the same 8-hour period everyday to get all my calories in and was hungry later. I do better eating several small meals a day. Some days I don't always get all my calories in but I don't get hungry either.
  • tuddy315
    Options
    Down 3.2lbs for the week but still up 1.8 from July 1. I can get that off this week. YES!!!
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1200 per day. Today I was realizing I’m going to be on that for a long time. It just came to my mind. I can handle that pretty well. I hope I can do it for the long haul. This losing weight is hard!