Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Help banana

Is the banana on MFP measured with or without the Peele there is a big difference when I weigh the two

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Weigh the edible portion only. Bananas are pretty calorie dense IMO.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I buy the smallest bunch of bananas I can find. Weigh the same as nanamerriman2020. Bananas are calorie dense. If I got large ones, I’d eat the whole thing. I try it limit calories by buying the smallest bananas.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    If the calories are a problem or like me you just have had enough of the banana halfway through-- you can eat half a banana or less at a time. I just slice the rest and freeze flat in a bag. It should last in the freezer a week or two. Then I can eat a few slices at a time or use it for nondairy ice cream or fruity shakes.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Bananas are a fantastic food, particularly for fueling cardio. I agree with @missysippy930 that it's best to buy smaller ones and I really like @jwoolman5's advice of freezing extra slices. (Although things in our freezer are often forgotten.)

I have solved the "half-banana" problem by two methods. One is to cut the unpeeled banana in half with a sharp knife and immediately cover the open end with a square of plastic wrap held in place with a rubber band. That will preserve the uneaten end for a day or so at room temperature. The other is to peel the banana half way, take half out, cut 3/4ths of the peels off, and then fold the remaining part of the peel over the open end, securing with a rubber band. If you do a careful job you can cover the exposed part of the banana, preserving the uneaten part for about a day.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Without. You don't normally eat the peel, so it doesn't count as calories.
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Without the skin. Unless you eat that? :) Frozen bananas make smoothies thick and creamy. So if you only want to eat half then wrap and freeze the other half for a protein smoothie later.