how do you figure out calories burned on workout

Options
I do beachbody on demand workouts everyday how do you figure out calorie burn for mixed cardio type workouts? And cardio with weights workouts?

Replies

• stargirlhorse
    stargirlhorse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do you have a fitness tracker? Apple watch can select "other" or "strength train" if you don't see one you like.

If not try a calculator.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I’ve given up trying to figure out how many calories you burn with exercise.
    The reality of it is, we are not machines and calories burned is not an exact science.
    You need to:
    - Track what you eat (that way you’ll know how many calories went in)
    - Monitor your macros
    - Monitor your metrics (weight and measurements) —> this will show you if you are in a caloric deficit.
    - Then adjust as needed —> not losing then either eat fewer calories or exercise more. Feeling off or losing too fast, then eat more or exercise less

Good luck
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You'll never be able to figure out the exact figure, as it varies wildly from person to person, and even fitness trackers with heart monitors are prone to over exaggerating the calorie burn. If you haven't got a fitness tracker, I would just find something similar in the database - like aerobics for cardio, BodyPump for cardio with weights etc. A couple of the BeachBody workouts are in the database as well, like P90X and Insanity. And take the figure with a grain of salt. I'm a relatively small woman (5'4 and 135-140 lbs depending on the day) so I know that even my most intense workouts are unlikely to burn more than 300-400 calories an hour, and would be going HARD for the full hour with no breaks.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I use my FitBit. I’ve worn it several years and it’s become pretty accurate for me over time
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is useless for calorie tracking and I’ve been using a Fitbit for YEARS. When I burn 350 calories it claims I burned over 900. Exercise calories are a guesstimate because of many factors: intensity level, specific workout, etc. I try to err on the side of under estimating calories burned and eat if I’m hungry, even if it means I go “over” on my allotted calories. At the end of the week, as long as I’m losing lbs or inches, I know I’m still on track!
  • sherryledbetter50
    sherryledbetter50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, i have been stuck at losing for months just trying to get it moving again so i came back to hereto track everything.