Has Covid19 Made You Do Crazy Things?

Options
glassyo
glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
Because I, a person who should *not* have something sharp in her hand, cut her own hair last night. Without even watching a youtube video first!!!!!

I'm pretty easy when it comes to my hair. I'm a Supercuts kinda girl and tend to keep it one length all the way around but, apparently missed my window for when they were open, and my hair was really at the point where some of it needed to go.

Sooooooo, after my shower last night, I said to myself, "Self! One little snip is all it will take. Just do it. How bad could it be?"

I had NO idea what I was doing. I bent over the trash can, gathered all my wet hair into a pony tail being held by my hand, smoothed it out as much as I could, was surprised how long it was in the very back hairs, took my scissors, and cut maybe an inch or so off.

It dried ok. Actually, I don't think it's too bad. It ended up a little shorter than I would have liked right around my temple (not sure how) but I usually wear it in a pony tail anyway. I did have to use a bobby pin to keep that too short tuft of hair from going all over the place tho.

Sooooooooooooooooo, anyone else lose their mind? :)

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I cut my hair twice...going to see my stylist on Wednesday...lets see if I get shamed

I've been strength training more, instead of just cardio, 'cause I want to get into "apocalypse shape"
    ...goals!

I also bought (which I love!) 2 fridge magnetic white boards that I write 'inspirational' and 'motivating' messages on to myself, keep track of goals/achievements, along with a bunch of coloured markers to draw cutesy little stuff with
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ☝🏿 Another first time hair cutter here. I trimmed two weeks before seeing my stylist. Split ends were driving me nuts. When I told her about last Saturday, after seeing her for the first time in four months, I wasn't scolded.

Also, I've forgotten how to put on makeup for lack of practice while in quarantine. Hence the barefaced profile photo I'm sporting now. Just learned some proper methods late last year. "Easy come, easy go" and "Use it or lose it" come to mind. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Other than that, I'm a germophobuc introvert: I've been more or less ready for quarantine my whole life.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i just started doomsday prepping/planning more intently. it gets exhausting mentally. but then i have issues sleeping properly a lot anyhow and so i wake up early and just kind of keep at it.

mostly have learned a lot more about trying to be even more prepared for insanely unexpected scenarios.

like I'm fully expecting a living dinosaur invasion to start up next month followed by the zombie mutant biker rednecks in september
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I got a covid test a few weeks ago because I didnt feel well and took a day off work...they ask for your cell number (so they can report your results??)
    ...I became paranoid they were tracking my location while I was awaiting results - to judge and jury me if I didn't stay home
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I’m going to say YES and leave it at that.
  • oooaarrrr79
    oooaarrrr79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes......
    I stopped drinking alcohol, t-total. Crazy but healthier.

I lost a stone (14lb), I have been more mindful what I eat and drink. Unheard of but again healthier.

I have realised I do actually like my partner, we have been more happy living out of each others pockets than when we spent time apart due to work. Totally bonkers but I am so glad I have him in my life.

I cut my hair, a good 5 inches and coloured it, a beautiful brassy orange, not the look i was going for. Brain popped but hair will grow.

My kitchen has been painted 3 different colours and now it is back to the original colour. Just stupid but variety is the spice of life.

After all the silly, daft, crazy nonsense I am just so grateful to be healthy and have my family healthy and happy.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with a severe injury so this has been extra challenging for me, I started out doing things to keep busy and now have to sit around and let my body recover.

Definitely the thing that's been weird is a guy from high school friend-requested me on Facebook. We started out as friends then I put off him coming here because of quarantining for a decent amount of time so we reconnected real well and talked a lot before he came for the weekend. We're seeing each other now, aside of the grocery store and doing awesome with my nephew I have no idea if he's a jerk to cashiers or does weird stuff in public! He could be into massive displays of public affection which would be a dealbreaker for me. He definitely doesn't seem the type but you never know! There's all kinds of weird things you don't think of like picking up cues and seeing how you're treated around others that goes out the window when you're hanging out alone. It's definitely the strangest beginning to a relationship I've ever had.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I did the hair thing too!
    Went from waist length hair, to shoulder length in one shot, I know how to cut hair though. If you know me, I hate short hair on me, if I was in my right mind I wouldn’t have done that. It’s still a blurr to me and hasn’t hit me yet.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I have watched a ridiculous amount of Survivor. I was never a fan.Now, with Covid, I can say that I have watched like 28 Seasons, googled all the winners, and now work out thinking "A few more workouts and I'll win all the Survivor challenges. And one million dollars."
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    It's made me wear a mask everywhere I go

It makes me 2nd guess anything I touch, and makes me not touch a lot of things I used ta could.

Once I pick something (like produce) up in the grocery store, it's mine if I want it or not.

I haven't hugged anyone besides my kids in months

I don't shake hands

I'm gonna try and work a full time job and homeschool 4 kids in 11th, 8th, 2nd and first grade.

Today all of ☝ that seems normal. If you'd have told me I'd be doing all this back in January I'd have wrote you off as certifiably nutzo. So it's all crazy.

I always pick something up in the store to check ingredients or check out quality...and think oh damn...
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    ☝🏿 Another first time hair cutter here. I trimmed two weeks before seeing my stylist. Split ends were driving me nuts. When I told her about last Saturday, after seeing her for the first time in four months, I wasn't scolded.

Also, I've forgotten how to put on makeup for lack of practice while in quarantine. Hence the barefaced profile photo I'm sporting now. Just learned some proper methods late last year. "Easy come, easy go" and "Use it or lose it" come to mind. 🤷🏿‍♀️

Other than that, I'm a germophobuc introvert: I've been more or less ready for quarantine my whole life.

Very pretty PP😍
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Nothing new in the crazy department, but I have definitely ramped up the existing crazy. Anything to get my kids to do their online school work!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I have the world's most organized pantry, I never would normally have the patience to label, jar, and organize all my dried beans and grains according to type and size of jars. It makes me oddly happy though!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Nothing new in the crazy department, but I have definitely ramped up the existing crazy. Anything to get my kids to do their online school work!

@Versicolour

You?

Crazy?

I'm not believing it.

You're one of the most stable, grounded, sane and absolutely awesome people ever to grace MFP. <3

You're a lot of wonderful things...... and 'crazy' just ain't one of 'em.

(don't get cocky)
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    Unless i have COVID-19 for almost 20 years, i can't really blame it for all the crazy things i have done
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

@Versicolour

You?

Crazy?

I'm not believing it.

You're one of the most stable, grounded, sane and absolutely awesome people ever to grace MFP. <3

You're a lot of wonderful things...... and 'crazy' just ain't one of 'em.

(don't get cocky)

<3 Ah thanks. I won' t get cocky, but it has given my self-confidence a boost

But still, you should meet me in person before dismissing my claims. I am the kind of person who bursts into random song at the drop of a hat. If I don't know a song to fit the occasion (which is rare), I will make one up. I drive my kids nuts. I will also dance like a lunatic and scare my cat (to the music in my head). My life's motto has been "Why be normal?"

That said, thanks :smooched: