30 DAY SHRED - OH MY GOSH!

Options
Just completing Day 1 Level 1 of 30 Day shred and nearly died!
Has anyone else done it? My weights at home at 4.5kg.. im thinking maybe i need to downgrade?
Any suggestions/Opinions/Success stories/motivation?
:)

Replies

• heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Got though the first 10 days, moved to level 2, and wimped out. Hope it works out for you! Maybe you're tougher than I am haha.
  • descooley
    descooley Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was doing it, using 3 lb weights but struggled with the impact on my knees right now. I loved it, cannot wait to get back to it but I have to find a way to sub something in for jumping jacks. Hang in there!
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I finished day 4 this morning... I added 5 pound weights on day 3... so 2 days with weights so far... it gets easier but she ROCKS!!!!

Welcome to the shred!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    LOL Tip #1: Although she tells you "no breaks," pause the video and take a drink of water. No need to pass out for Jillian :)
    Tip #2: Use the lightest weights possible. Use like, 1-2lbs to start off and if you feel you can go higher, do it.
  • wutamunkee
    Options
    Got though the first 10 days, moved to level 2, and wimped out. Hope it works out for you! Maybe you're tougher than I am haha.

Don't give up... continue to do Day 1 for a few extra days and then try #2... You can do this...
  • rustyncrystal
    rustyncrystal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do the 3 lb weights.....yes it about killed me too..it gets easier. I did it for a week a notice some toning def in tummy..but I'm gonna get close to my goal weight and pick it up again. GL!
  • kdelost630
    Options
    1. It gets easier! She's not lying when she says that line about people on day 5, 6, 7 feeling stronger.
    2. I originally started with 8lb weights and had to downgrade to 5lb weights because of all the arm raises and such. Maybe decrease the weight?
    3. Just keep it at! It's really great and you feel so AWESOME after you finish! Good luck!
  • gem975
    Options
    Thanks guys haha i guess ill just have to push through it.. the lunge + arms is what kills me.. I have about zero upper body strength.. AHHHHH
  • wutamunkee
    Options
    I was doing it, using 3 lb weights but struggled with the impact on my knees right now. I loved it, cannot wait to get back to it but I have to find a way to sub something in for jumping jacks. Hang in there!

Do any kind of cardio-- fast walk in place, run in place, jog, haha... extra jump ropes or butt kicks, etc... don't give up! Movement is whats important!
  • AmandaCG
    AmandaCG Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to die the first few days too! Use your lightest weights and take breaks if you need to. After about 5 days you'll be doing a lot better. Don't give up!!!
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 level 3.. i use 3 lb hand weights. ive lost 6lbs so far but by the pic i took before starting and another one before i started level 3 ive lost alot of inches. i log as 22 mins under cardio circuit training general! send me a friend request if youd like to see my pics so far:) Dont mind the pic taken before starting 30DS as i had a "pooch" belly from my 3 children!
  • wutamunkee
    Options
    Thanks guys haha i guess ill just have to push through it.. the lunge + arms is what kills me.. I have about zero upper body strength.. AHHHHH

Do it without weights... or use soup cans... just DO IT!!
  • 3scanlan
    Options
    I just started last night Day 1 - I didnt have any weights (well i do but couldnt find them) so i used 2x cans of bakedbeans and found was ok. Feeling a tad bit sore today but not suffering :)
    I hate the jumping jacks and because i do it in my lounge at night when the kids are in bed i think the house is just about to fall down, every thing shakes and bangs LOL
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i did it for a month a while ago...all i can say is go slow enough that you don't get discouraged, b/c it's really a great workout..especially when you're crunched for time. i don't know the conversion...but i use 5 pounds for most exercises, but later in level 2 or 3, i use only 3 pounds (or no weights at all, depending on my strength that day!) for the 'v' flies.
    stick to it, though...i felt awesome after those workouts. i still do them and they are still pretty intense.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I do 5lbs for most of it, but there are still a few strength moves that I have to switch to 3lbs for....
  • msstillion79
    Options
    I am sarting in the am and i cant wait people keep saying its a great workout and she is awsome so my excitment is building but im also scared of all the conversation about the soreness afterwards well here goes nothing lol
  • courtskey83
    Options
    I'm curently on day 20, Level 2, day 10. I've found that the first 5 days of each level are the hardest. It gets much easier on days 6-10. My knees ached a bit in level 1, and my ankles have ached a bit in level 2... but my knees are okay now in level 2. I think I was just so out of shape, because it was never really bad pain. I'm seeing excellent results so far! I can't wait to see the results after all 3 levels.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    First time I did 30DS I hadn't worked out in years! I wasn't sedentary, but hadn't done any serious exercise. Only weights I had were my old 5lb dumbbells, so that's what I used. I was in serious pain for two days after that! Worst soreness I've ever had - I hurt all over and could barely go up or down a step, let alone a staircase. During those two barely-able-to-walk days, I dragged myself to Target for some 2 and 3lb weights! :bigsmile:

I still use my 3's for some moves, but also use the 5lbs, and have since bought 8lb and 10lb dumbbells. The 2lbs are pretty dusty. :laugh: