Help banana

Options
Is the banana on MFP measured with or without the Peele there is a big difference when I weigh the two

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Weigh the edible portion only. Bananas are pretty calorie dense IMO.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I buy the smallest bunch of bananas I can find. Weigh the same as nanamerriman2020. Bananas are calorie dense. If I got large ones, I’d eat the whole thing. I try it limit calories by buying the smallest bananas.
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If the calories are a problem or like me you just have had enough of the banana halfway through-- you can eat half a banana or less at a time. I just slice the rest and freeze flat in a bag. It should last in the freezer a week or two. Then I can eat a few slices at a time or use it for nondairy ice cream or fruity shakes.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Bananas are a fantastic food, particularly for fueling cardio. I agree with @missysippy930 that it's best to buy smaller ones and I really like @jwoolman5's advice of freezing extra slices. (Although things in our freezer are often forgotten.)

I have solved the "half-banana" problem by two methods. One is to cut the unpeeled banana in half with a sharp knife and immediately cover the open end with a square of plastic wrap held in place with a rubber band. That will preserve the uneaten end for a day or so at room temperature. The other is to peel the banana half way, take half out, cut 3/4ths of the peels off, and then fold the remaining part of the peel over the open end, securing with a rubber band. If you do a careful job you can cover the exposed part of the banana, preserving the uneaten part for about a day.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Without. You don't normally eat the peel, so it doesn't count as calories.
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Without the skin. Unless you eat that? :) Frozen bananas make smoothies thick and creamy. So if you only want to eat half then wrap and freeze the other half for a protein smoothie later.